Going it alone...from SW to CC

emmyemms83

Hello!

So a couple of weeks ago I decided to call it a day with Slimming World after nearly 18 months. I managed to lose 3.5 stones in the beginning but like everything else I became a bit bored of the same day after day. So here I am ready to lose the next few stones all on my own, and I must say it's soooooooooo nice to just be able to pick up anything I want, look up the calories and decide myself whether I want/can have it, and without thinking about syns and all the rest of it.

Today I'm going to the gym for the first time in my 28 years! A bit nervous but something I have to do...wish me luck.

Hope I get the time to post on here often enough, right now I'm enjoying an hours peace while my 20 month old son is having his nap, bliss.

Food today...

Breakfast: 357
3 crumpets with WW dairy spread & marmalade, cup of tea.

Dinner: 323
2 sesame ryvita with philli light & ham
sugar free jelly with strawberries & half a pot of mandarin Mullerlight
big chocolate snack a jack

Tea: 464
3 Linda McCartney sausages, home made oven chips made with spray oil, peas & sweetcorn.

Snacks:
big salt n vinegar snack a jack - 41
cupcake - 150

TOTAL - 1335

Last edited:
Hi there- welcome! CC is the best- gives you freedom and teaches you to take a sensible, healthy and balanced approach to food in my opinion!

Looks like you have started off well :)

Good luck with the gym! Are you going to a class or having an induction?

Hiya,
The induction was cancelled today so I have to wait until next week (it's a small gym), I was actually looking forward to it so a bit disappointed.

Emma.

Thanks Cas3! I've lost the weight I have so far without excercising really, so thought it was about time I got my bum into gear. Walked for around an hour yesterday, which was a nice change (without a whining toddler lol) and I enjoyed it. What have you done in the past? Well done on your loss too x

OH is getting a takeaway tonight and I was hoping to get a chicken kebab with salad and no sauce, but went to a Hungry Horse pub this aftrenoon and got what I thought was a relatively safe option of spicy chipotle chicken sandwich on brown bread, according to their nutrition info it's 645 calories (if I've worked it out right, it's a bit confusing), can't believe it :( I'm only left with about 450 cal for the rest of the day so I'm not sure wether to get the kebab tonight now.

Breakfast: 184
1.5 crumpets with jam

Dinner: 645!!!
Hungry Horse smoky chipotle chicken sandwich

Tea: 600??
3/4 chicken tikka kebab with salad & homemade yogurt sauce

Snacks: 114
Small banana
half bag of velvet crunch

TOTAL = 1543

The calorie values on mfp for chicken kebabs are all very different so had to have a bit of an estimate on that one. Either way went over my goal today but hopefully not by too much. Better day tomorrow!

Last edited:
Breakfast: 300
Banana & peanut butter granola bar

Dinner: 389
Brown bread sandwich with ham, laughing cow light & pickle. Velvet crunch & cadbury light mousse.

Tea: 463
Young's haddock fillet in batter, home made oven chips made with spray oil, mushy peas.

Snacks
Cupcake: 200
Weight Watchers lemon & currant cookies: 86

TOTAL = 1438

hi hun food looks lovely i was good on cc am goin to get back on iyt how may calories are u havin i tthink am gona do 1500 i think thats a pound a week x

If u have my fitness pal add me and were help each other I have just started cc I was with sw my user name is rosierose15 xx

hi hun food looks lovely i was good on cc am goin to get back on iyt how may calories are u havin i tthink am gona do 1500 i think thats a pound a week x

Hiya,
I'm aiming for about 1400 but not worrying too much if I go up to 1500. Had a bit of a cider-drinking/chinese takeaway eating disaster yesterday. Wnt out with friends I hadn't seen for aaaaages and a couple of drinks at teatime turned into 6 hours and the last bus home! Naughty. Hope I haven't done too much damage :cry:

Hi how's it going? What day are you having as your weighing day

Hi, I'm going to have Wednesday as my weigh in day I think but I might not weigh in every week at first. Going to SW class every week made me get a bit obsessed with weighing in, so I'm enjoying not stressing over it at the minute.

Good day today:

Breakfast: 260
Peanut butter granola bar
100g Red grapes

Dinner: 526
Ham sandwich on wholemeal bread with laughing cow light
velvet crunch
big chocolate snack a jack
ww ginger crunch cookies

Tea: 339
Aldi Thai salmon fishcake with salad (lettuce, raw pepper & cucumber) light salad cream & 1tbsp sweet chilli sauce.

Snacks: 276
Homemade cupcake
Ringtons ginger biscuit

TOTAL = 1401

Breakfast: 242
Nature valley chewy fruit & nut cereal bar. 1 slice wholemeal bread with laughing cow light

Dinner: 377
Raw carrots, cucumber & peppers with reduced fat houmous, wafer thin ham. Big snack a jack & 1/4 if a cheese and onion sandwich (stolen from my son)

Tea: 525
homemade bolognese with wholewheat spaghetti & 20g lighter cathedral city

Snacks:
Caramel snack a jack: 51
2 x pink n whites: 100

Total: 1295

Last edited:
Mmm spag bol is lovely ur doin fab am devasted stoped doin slimfast and put on 6pound in 3weeks x

Wednesday 11th July

Breakfast: 393
Nature valley cereal bar (first thing) then 2 slices whlolenmeal bread with mashed banana.

Dinner: 470
Aldi tomato, basil & creme fraiche soup, greek style fruit split pot yogurt, french fries crisps & 1 chocolate digestive.

Tea: 522
A friend came round after work and she ended up staying until 8:45 so just put a WW chicken curry meal in the microwave, only managed 1/2 it was horrible. 2 ww mini naan breads.

snacks: 200?
I slice of homemade cake

TOTAL = 1585

Burned some (mfp says 370) calories at my first ever gym session today! Should I be eating the calories I burn from excersice? Mfp adds them on to your allowance like this is what it's suggesting...I'm new to this gym lark, any advice would be appreciated!

Breakfast: 271
Greek style split pot yogurt with 30g maple & pecan granola

Dinner: 174
Velvet crunch & special k cereal bar

Tea:440
Weight watchers feta & onion pizza

Snacks:
2 slices soreen malt loaf - 174
Rasin & apple snack pack - 83
Cheesestring - 62
Homemade cupcake - 200

Total = 1404