Going it alone

Discussion in 'Slimming World' started by shrinkingannie, 26 January 2010 Social URL.

1. shrinkingannie

shrinkingannie Gold Member

Start Weight:
    14st5lb
    Current Weight:
    10st4lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st12lb
    Lost(%):
    4st1lb(28.36%)
    Diet:
    healthy eating
    Im going to stop going to class and go it alone, I cant really afford it at the minute and I always have to bring my youngest son (9 months) so it can be a bit difficult to stay to image therapy. Im sure I can do it on my own with the help of minimins - I just wanted to ask anyone who does it at home if they have any advice??

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. flutterbyuk25

flutterbyuk25 Full Member

Start Weight:
    20st5lb
    Current Weight:
    18st11.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    15st0lb
    Lost(%):
    1st7.5lb(7.54%)
    Diet:
    Weightwatchers
    I do it at home. I'd rather spend the money on exercise classes or fresh fruit/veg than the class. I tried classes a few times but never found a consultant I gelled with. Plus I go away with work 6 times a year so it was a nightmare trying to find a suitable class.

I don't have any tips really, other than to say this forum is great, and so is the one on Money Saving Expert website - they have a dedicated SW thread.

The one thing I miss out on is the online access to SW but the kind people on here and MSE will check syn values for you.

Good luck

x

4. teresa32uk

teresa32uk Silver Member

Start Weight:
    11st2lb
    Current Weight:
    10st12lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st4lb(2.56%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    im trying to do it at home this time too. I think Minimins is all the support i need as since finding the site i have started to enjoy slimming for the first time in years. Good luck.

5. gonnagetskinny20

gonnagetskinny20 Silver Member

Start Weight:
    17st7lb
    Current Weight:
    17st7lb
    Goal Weight:
    13st7lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Im Doing it Alone for now as i work strange hours and cant make a meeting, maybe us homies can spur each other on, keep me posted on your progress guyz xx

6. sharron12

sharron12 Full Member

Start Weight:
    13st1lb
    Current Weight:
    13st1lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st7lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    Weight Watchers
    Hi - good luck! I joined sw online last week for 12 weeks so i'm a homie too. Have tried the classes and enjoyed them but i struggle to get to them so giving this a go. Lost 2.5 in 1st wk and hoping to lose 2 stone in total so got a long way to go but feeling positive! x

7. big bear

big bear A bear on a mission!

Start Weight:
    14st7lb
    Diet:
    slimming world
    I'm doing it at home 2. Maybe it would be an idea to get a sticky of those doing it alone as quite a few where we can support each other although on here is fab x

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.