Going it alone!!

Hi all, after reading all the posts, I have decided to go it alone, well with my mum!! I am going to use this brilliantly supportive site and go to mums to get weighed.
Good luck everyone
Emma x

I lost 5 stone last year with SW, I attended class for the whole year, bu have decided this year to stop going. For the last 6 months I found the classes really boring as that happened is the consultant read out everyone losses or gains and then we went home... never learnt anything and as the year went on the class got smaller and smaller - thought about going to another class but the consultant runs most of them in our area... so this year decided to go it alone with a friend. We are going to weigh in together once and week and then keep motivated by chatting to everyone on here... we are also putting £5 a week into a pot and going to spend it on ourselves at the end of every 3 months... maybe on a spa day or something similar !!
You have to do whatever works best for you, if one thing doesn't work then try something new... good luck to everyone for fab new year losses

I too go it alone & have lost over 4 stone since august. I looked at groups in my area but as I'm self employed with unpredictable hours as well as having 3 young children going to group just wasnt an option. As others have said the support on here is amazing & I love having sometime to tell when I WI every week which I think helps keep me on track. In saying that I am probably my own worst critic!!!

Good Luck & I hope you get the support you need.

I'm doing it alone too - shifts are unpredictable and I rarely seem to make it back home in time for the classes. I've been doing it since start of December (although had a break over Christmas and New Year) and found writing a diary on here really helpful. People are really supportive and it gives me the opportunity to be really honest about the struggles I have resisting certain foods. I also like to see visual progress so adding a ticker to my signature certainly helps. Good luck - it sounds like you're motivated enough and you're not really doing it alone if you use this site for help!

Back