Going it alone....

Oh yes please to the swimming pool off gin hahaha!

Well yesterday's weigh in showed a loss of 9lb again! I did work super hard at it, but it's a shame I feel like I can't trust my scales.

I do feel that so log as its going down I am doing ok, so my new weight is 16st 13lb...11lb off in 4 weeks :)

Today whilst grocery shopping (after a full shift and only had time to eat 4 crab sticks and a mug shot) I picked up a large bar of chocolate with the intention of stuffing it in on the drive home. Felt like I was trembling and it was almost like panic. Before loading the shopping at the till I put the chocolate back!! This is a massive achievement for me.

I came straight home, put shopping away and had joes sausage, mash, cabbage and broccoli. I've been fighting the chocolate urge tonight but have had strawberries blueberries with yogurt and 2 crushed mini meringues. Yum! Hit the spot! I know I could use some syns for chocolate but its the uncontrolled binge I was wanting at the time. So glad I didn't, I don't miss the self loathing xxx

Ooh that's a fab loss, maybe the scales felt guilty for being ar$ey with you last week :)

Well done on putting the chocolate back and huzzah for going home to eat healthy things instead! Still you can always have some curly wurlys in just in case - stick them in the freezer and they'll last longer :D

Hi, was just reading your bit about the chocolate bar, I do exactly the same thing! But now I do it on purpose! My theory is that I will get good practice at putting those things that make me unhappy back, short term pain, long term gain. There's the added bonus of a bit of excitement at the supermarket when the desired choccie bar goes into my basket and the feeling of strength when I put it back at the end. The other thing I do is talk to food on the shelves! I say things like 'look I really would like to take you home but I would rather get into my size 12 shorts in time for my holiday and you are not going to help so you can stay on the shelf.' I sound completely mad I know but I don't say it out loud, cause that would be nuts!

I bet there's some intense gazing at the shelves though while you're having a chat with the foods in your head lol bless you I don't think I could do the torturing myself with putting things in the basket and taking them out again on purpose, all power to you :)

It is empowering, that's true. I read a thing ages ago about instant gratification and I definately do hate to wait, and there lies my problem. So, I am training myself to wait :) and getting practice at saying no, not yet, to myself. It seems to be working, I feel like I've got more control over what goes in my gob! The other thing is that I remind myself that if it goes past the til then I will definately eat it, so it doesnt. Does anyone else buy yummy things 'for the kids' then scoff the lot themseves? I have been so guilty of that.

Love it!!! It's empowering!

Lo I would eat the lot if I bought them in xx

Buy one at a time then? lol Whatever works best for you :)

It is empowering, that's true. I read a thing ages ago about instant gratification and I definately do hate to wait, and there lies my problem. So, I am training myself to wait :) and getting practice at saying no, not yet, to myself. It seems to be working, I feel like I've got more control over what goes in my gob! The other thing is that I remind myself that if it goes past the til then I will definately eat it, so it doesnt. Does anyone else buy yummy things 'for the kids' then scoff the lot themseves? I have been so guilty of that.

I'm lucky 'cause I really don't like the stuff my son likes to eat - pringles, jaffa cakes, custard creams etc. At the moment it's the other way around, I bought myself some milkybar buttons to melt for chocolate strawberries and my cheeky lad swiped them from the cupboard, I wasn't amused lol

Your training does sound like a really good idea - I might try it a bit further down the road in my own journey :) x

Back