Going out for an indian tonight - help!!

raquelscatt

My friend is taking me out for an indian for my birthday tonight and whilst I love indian food, its rare we go out for one or have a takeaway.

I haven't had a brill few days on SW so have got back on track today and don't want to fall off the waggon tonight!

I would usually go for tikka massala or korma but know these are packed with syns so what are the low syn alternatives and am I right in thinking its healthier to have a chappati rather than a nan bread?

I know that a jalfrezi is 8.5 syns, whilst a dhansak is 6.5 syns and so is a rogan josh. Stick to plain boiled rice and avoid sauces that are creamy or butter (ghee). Popadoms are 4.5 syns each, I'm not sure on chapatis or nan bread as I avoid them altogether.

Have a mixed grill (yummy) & avoid the nan bread. That way you can save your syns for a side dish ( something like sag aloo) or starter.

Also, ask them to cook it ghee free - most
Will if you ask nicely

That sounds a great idea for an indian meal, have been wondering what I would have if we were to go out soon. Will remember to ask about the ghee too.

The chicken or lamb tikka (dry) is usually cooked without ghee so is a good Alternative. I've changed my Indian meal from popadoms, peshwari naan, chicken or lamb passanda and keema rice to sheek kebab (starter), plain rice, sag aloo or Bombay potatoes (side) and chicken or lamb tikka - loads of Indians near me do a meal for £6.95 so can't turn my nose up at that. Haha.

Back