Going to have to say goodbye

Discussion in 'Cambridge Weight Plan' started by Nessa, 10 August 2007 Social URL.

1. Nessa

Nessa Silver Member

Diet:
    Slimming World
    for a couple of months, I just can't afford to be on cd at the moment not with birthdays and that coming up. i am really gutted as i have been losing every week and i am so down because i have to stop. i am going to try and lose weight on my own but i know it's not going to be easy being that i will have to eat food. so if anyone know what diet is best to go on, please i would be most appreciated , i was thinking about the GI diet so if anyone have any information it would be most appricated.:cry:

Mini likes this.
  2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. Russiandoll

Russiandoll Carpe diem

Start Weight:
    17st4lb
    Current Weight:
    16st11lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st7lb(2.89%)
    Diet:
    Cambridge Weight Plan - Step 1
    Not doing the diet anymore doesn't mean you have to say goodbye! I can't afford CD anymore either but I go barging into everyone's forums ... WW, SW, LL - I gatecrash them all :D

Low GI would be a good option - is there a Rosemary Conley class near you and if so, do you think you could stretch to the £5 or so for the classes? They do low fat, low GI and throw in an exercise class to boot. I did well on it years ago ... wish they had one near me but unfortunately they don't :(

Whatever you plan to do, keep posting because it's when you take your eye off the ball that things can go terribly wrong!

Mini likes this.
  4. Karen

Karen Serial Foodie!

Start Weight:
    19st7lb
    Current Weight:
    18st2lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st7lb
    Lost(%):
    1st5lb(6.96%)
    Diet:
    Atkins

Mini likes this.
  5. Mrs Roch

Mrs Roch Silver Member

Diet:
    Cambridge Diet
    Oh Nessa that's such a shame... I imagine you are feeling disappointed.

Please don't stop posting though as I've enjoyed talking to you. Posting may help you keep focused as well.

I did Atkins and had a good weightloss on it over a 4 month period. The book is very good guidance and I'm sure you could pick it up cheap nowadays.

Good luck.

Mini likes this.
  6. Porgeous

Porgeous Chilling

Start Weight:
    14st1lb
    Current Weight:
    8st10lb
    Lost(%):
    5st5lb(38.07%)
    Diet:
    CD SS
    Sorry to hear your news Nessa but try to stay postive. I agree with Hannah on possibly considering Atkins, although the principles are different it is a Ketogenic diet so you will be in Ketosis albeit via different methods. If you are a keen meat or egg eater it may well suit you.

Gx

Mini likes this.
  7. Starlight

Starlight Gold Member

Diet:
    Weight Watchers
    The main thing is youre not giving up on your desire to lose weight, and youre in the right place to find a replacement ;)

Youll get more honest advice on here than on any diets official site, why not have a poke around the various forums and see what you think will best suit you.

Good luck whatever you decide :)

Mini likes this.
  8. Nessa

Nessa Silver Member

Diet:
    Slimming World
    Thanks all of you, if it's ok i will keep posting as i think it will help me. i am really disappointed that i have to stop and am gutted that i wont be on the diet anymore. any advice would be great. thank you all of you for your continued support over the weeks.

Mini likes this.
  9. ninababes

ninababes Gold Member

Nessa, the girls are right and you should do well on low fat low gi, my cdc lent me a book called the low carb bible as i'm on the 1200 plan and i lost 6lbs this week eating 1200kcals a day so even if u cant do CD you can still make healthy choices and lose weight!!!

Huggles xx

Mini likes this.
  10. ava

ava Silver Member

That's such a shame, but i'm sure that if you stay determined you will do well on whatever diet you decide to do. I've heard alot of good things about low GI :)

Good luck with whatever you decide :hug99:

Mini likes this.
  11. sonkie

sonkie Gold Member

Goal Weight:
    12st0lb
    Diet:
    measure up
    Pleased you will not leave the forum......if anything you will need to post even more....!
    Good luck hun, maybe keep a food diary on here so you can keep track, then if one week you have a good loss you can look back and see what you did that worked.

Mini likes this.
  12. sophia-jo

sophia-jo Silver Member

Nessa, that's such a shame hun, glad you're not leaving the forum though...As long as you make healthy food choices you will still lose weight, WW is a good one to do, you are getting a mix of all food types and you'll still lose weight. you can buy the books on Ebay, not sure of the price but will be much cheaper than CD.

I wish you luck hun, no matter what diet/plan you choose to follow. xxx

Mini likes this.
  13. poohbearmufc

poohbearmufc Longing 2 b a yummy mummy

Start Weight:
    16st10lb
    Current Weight:
    16st10lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    Exante - Total Solutions
    Hi Nessa, just don't do what I did and think it is OK to eat everything that you haven't ate and then get back to dieting cos it doesn't work, keep the focus and find a plan that works for you... WW is a good one or the GI food plan, I was going to do SW but I don't think all the carbs suited me..Stay on here for support, there is always someone doing one of the diets or someone that can answer the questions for you.. Just keep in mind that you can do it...Love

Mini likes this.
  14. fatpossum

fatpossum Silver Member

Nessa,

If you want to continue to lose weight quickly The Scarsdale Diet is a good one.

It is a two week on two week off programme (second two weeks are less stringent than the first two) and I can vouch for the fact that it works.

Most bookshops carry a copy of the diet book but if you go onto Google or one of the other search engines and type in Scarsdale Diet you will find a copy of the two week programme.

Best of luck with whatever you decide.

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.