Going to stop!!!!!!!! So upset!!!!

CandyNotWhale

Ok so i might not be seeing the bigger picture........

But week one I lost a stone and now nothing!! Not 1lb ...... What's the point!! I could be eating and loose more weight than I have now....!!! I'm so upset I can feel myself about to give up! I know the weight loss slows down but this is ridiculous :( it's completey ruined my plan of being 12stone by Saturday i could honestly cry!!!

Today Cambridge sucks!!!!!! :(

Someone please tell me it gets better or KFC here I come
Xx

week 2 is notorious for a low ( or no ) loss ! You lost 14 lb last week and that is amazing ... it may be a tough diet and you havent lost anything this week .. but 14 lb in 2 weeks is amazing ..... on something like SW you may have lost that amount in a month or 6 weeks ??

If you stick with it then your losses will average out next week and you will loose more consistantly ... if you give up now you will regret it hun ....... think about the stone you have already lost and the 3-4 lb you will loose next week if you stay away from that KFC !!!

KFC will definitely not give you better results!! :)

14lb in ONE week :clap: ...... i don't lose that much in my first week & i weight a lot more than you do. Stick at it & see what you lose next week.
You also don't have a huge amount of weight to lose compared to others so your losses maybe a little less than us larger people.

KFC may sound nice at the moment but after eating you'll probably feel like crap & regret eating it.
The diet works, stick at it & you will get the results you want.

I have rubbish losses compared to others on here BUT whats the alternative for me.... go on WW and lose half a pound a week.... i'd rather stick at the CD & lose 2lbs - 2.5lbs a week.

week 2 is notorious for a low ( or no ) loss ! You lost 14 lb last week and that is amazing ... it may be a tough diet and you havent lost anything this week .. but 14 lb in 2 weeks is amazing ..... on something like SW you may have lost that amount in a month or 6 weeks ??

If you stick with it then your losses will average out next week and you will loose more consistantly ... if you give up now you will regret it hun ....... think about the stone you have already lost and the 3-4 lb you will loose next week if you stay away from that KFC !!!

Thanks hunni!! Im going to try and stay focused I guess I just want more!! this diet is starting to get addictive!!! today is the start of my 3RD Week so im really hoping that this will be a week of somthing being lost!! I do look at the bigger picture and think 14lbs in a week is a real acheivement but i just want more and i really thought id loose at least 5lbs this week!! I have to stay focus!! KFC can wait lol !!

Thank you for the support :) x

14lb in ONE week :clap: ...... i don't lose that much in my first week & i weight a lot more than you do. Stick at it & see what you lose next week.
You also don't have a huge amount of weight to lose compared to others so your losses maybe a little less than us larger people.

KFC may sound nice at the moment but after eating you'll probably feel like crap & regret eating it.
The diet works, stick at it & you will get the results you want.

I have rubbish losses compared to others on here BUT whats the alternative for me.... go on WW and lose half a pound a week.... i'd rather stick at the CD & lose 2lbs - 2.5lbs a week.

Hey daisy I think id be so upset at half lbs weight loss! I know I should still be happy at what Ive lost and stay focused on that I guess I had an idea of what i was going to be by this saturday!! I really do believe that this diet is the nuts lol its quick weight loss and u do get out what you put in it just may have suprised me with a whole week on 3 shakes and loosing nothing! well I have an official weigh in this sat so fingers crossed by then I can even shed a lb lol

How you getting on!

hope all is well

xx

Keep at it Hun, it does balance out once your body realises that this is how many cals it's going to have to survive on. In week one you lose a lot so you body thinks "Hang on a minute missy, what are you doing to me?" and then fights like mad to conserve energy etc, hence your small loss in week 2.... Once it realises that the cals you're having are a regular thing, and you aren't starving it to death it will carry on and burn fat for the energy it needs.

Everyone has this little trough at the beginning, for me it was week 3 where I hardly lost anything and was ready to throw the towel in, but once my CDC explained it to me it made sense.

PS KFC is my craving at the moment, but I've just added it to my list of food I can have at the end. (which incidentally I never have at the end lol - but by then the craving has passed and I'm happy cos I gave myself permission to have it)

Keep at it Hun, it does balance out once your body realises that this is how many cals it's going to have to survive on. In week one you lose a lot so you body thinks "Hang on a minute missy, what are you doing to me?" and then fights like mad to conserve energy etc, hence your small loss in week 2.... Once it realises that the cals you're having are a regular thing, and you aren't starving it to death it will carry on and burn fat for the energy it needs.

Everyone has this little trough at the beginning, for me it was week 3 where I hardly lost anything and was ready to throw the towel in, but once my CDC explained it to me it made sense.

Thank you for this post!! I really think my body is doing exactly what you said!!! I guess I just had other ideas to what my body had about what weight I was going loose this week!!!

Im definately going to stay on track especially where I know a lot of people have experienced this its starting to seem normal If i was a bit more prepared dont think I would of freaked so much this morning lol lol :)

x

PS KFC is my craving at the moment, but I've just added it to my list of food I can have at the end. (which incidentally I never have at the end lol - but by then the craving has passed and I'm happy cos I gave myself permission to have it)

lol lol U know what I never really use to eat KFC that much before this diet omg now its a totally different story! sometimes I can be in the random of places and I convince myself I can smell KFC .....thinking my mind is playing games on me because its been starved of all the grease i use to normally feed it lol xxx

Babe, why on earth do you want to eat those nasty 5 legged chickens? Hahaha ;-)
Told you this morning what the deal is, you seriously need to get a tape measure!! I swear when you have a small loss you have got to check your inches chick!!

You have come to far now to throw the towel in!! Mexico is 4 months away, we have work to do before we get on that plane!!

I'm so proud of what you have achieved so far, and I know you can get to your goal no problem!

Like I said this morning, think of your overall weight loss, not just the weekly loss!!

So proud of you bestie!! Don't you dare give up!! You have come to far now!

Love you lots my babe xxxxxxxx

Hey hon

Good advice above but you also have to get real! Sorry if this sounds harsh... it's not mean to be... but sometimes we need to hold ourselves accountable.

There is no way in hell any food based programme would give you a weight loss of 14lbs in 2 weeks so stop fooling yourself with that idea.

Also you cannot dictate what you lose every week.. .you can want "5lbs next week" all you want .. but that is the path to madness! Because you are setting unrealistic targets and by doing that you are going to risking feeding into self sabotage behaviours. Focus on that the average loss is a stone a month .. work the plan and then look at what you have lost over that 4 week period. Also take your measurements as the weeks the scales might give you a lower number it normally shows in inches.

You have to really work out what is going on in your head at the moment. Why are you so ready to throw in the towel and why are you so willing to use an illogical reason to justify it? What are you really scared of? Why do you set your self such hard targets? Does this show up in other areas of your life? In work? In relationships? Do you always tell yourself it's not good enough? Must do better? Even if you have already essentially gotten an A in the "test"?

You have to dig a little bit deeper into these thoughts hon or else you will "fail" on this diet too and be back in that bucket of KFC again wondering why you seem to do all these diets but never lose weight for more than a few weeks

Have a read of this .. The Essentials of Emotional Eating | Shrink Yourself it might give you some ideas

Take care

You're doing great, and that's what this site is for after all!! I didn't find it until I was well into the journey and wish I'd known about it from the beginning :) I ended up reading books about how metabolism works, how your body processes food and how it's generally a lazy system lol. It'll use the easiest energy source to breakdown first and these are your carbs.

Your body will leave the fat alone (harder to breakdown :() until it's used all it easy carbs. If we keep supplying it with carbs it'll keep "cheating" lol and never get round to burning the hard stuff. That's why VLCDs like CD are so great, it gives you enough carbs to keep your body happy but they get used up quickly so your body then uses fat to get the energy it needs yay :D

Babe, why on earth do you want to eat those nasty 5 legged chickens? Hahaha ;-)
Told you this morning what the deal is, you seriously need to get a tape measure!! I swear when you have a small loss you have got to check your inches chick!!

You have come to far now to throw the towel in!! Mexico is 4 months away, we have work to do before we get on that plane!!

I'm so proud of what you have achieved so far, and I know you can get to your goal no problem!

Like I said this morning, think of your overall weight loss, not just the weekly loss!!

So proud of you bestie!! Don't you dare give up!! You have come to far now!

Love you lots my babe xxxxxxxx

Awwwwww kel Love u lots of loads!! I completey freaked out this morning!!!! but I is all better now trust me!!! I know that im still doing everything rite nd that i have lost a stone quicker than your average dieter so u know what I am actually content!!! I was actually being slightly unrealistic getting dwn to 12 stone by saturday .....u know its only cause of g-man's birthday where I havent seen anyone in a while i wanted to get my game up ....(blatanty fishing for compliments lol lol )

Omg 4 Months then mexicooooooo!!! the excitment is enough to see this diet through 2 weeks down 10 weeks to go :)

Thanks so much for this morning hunni dunno what id do without u xxxx

You will still het compliements chick!! People notice things like weight loss so quickly!!
Set your goals similar to how I have set mine babe, that way you have no rush to get there and can just mark it off as done when you complete it! It's very satisfying that way, just make sure your goals are realistic!!

We will be on that beach in no time babe, running like the Baywatch babes! Hahahaha!!

Not long left on the diet chick, the weeks are flying by!! Roll on Saturday for weigh in xxxxxxx

Hey hon

Good advice above but you also have to get real! Sorry if this sounds harsh... it's not mean to be... but sometimes we need to hold ourselves accountable.

There is no way in hell any food based programme would give you a weight loss of 14lbs in 2 weeks so stop fooling yourself with that idea.

Also you cannot dictate what you lose every week.. .you can want "5lbs next week" all you want .. but that is the path to madness! Because you are setting unrealistic targets and by doing that you are going to risking feeding into self sabotage behaviours. Focus on that the average loss is a stone a month .. work the plan and then look at what you have lost over that 4 week period. Also take your measurements as the weeks the scales might give you a lower number it normally shows in inches.

You have to really work out what is going on in your head at the moment. Why are you so ready to throw in the towel and why are you so willing to use an illogical reason to justify it? What are you really scared of? Why do you set your self such hard targets? Does this show up in other areas of your life? In work? In relationships? Do you always tell yourself it's not good enough? Must do better? Even if you have already essentially gotten an A in the "test"?

You have to dig a little bit deeper into these thoughts hon or else you will "fail" on this diet too and be back in that bucket of KFC again wondering why you seem to do all these diets but never lose weight for more than a few weeks

Have a read of this .. The Essentials of Emotional Eating | Shrink Yourself it might give you some ideas

Take care

Hey be as harsh as yopu like!! Honesty is appreciated :)

but there is no way id expect 14lb week after week to be fair I never expected 14lb in one week Im still amazed!!! :) I did however think 5lbs was a reasonable thought!! but obviously I can now understand how the body wrks when you start to properly loose your weight

I think its cool to set mini goals to keep yourself motivated obviously my downfal was convincing myself that this goal was definately going to happen lol now that was probably riding of the 1st weeks results lol

I have never been on a 'proper diet before or even done anything like CD so i guess this is challenging for me as i never needed to diet before so I guess thats only why it is easy to say I want to throw the towel in but not so much mean it as much!!

I think any diet is psychologically testing and the reasons are to do with your everyday living so there comes times with everyone when they want to throw in the towel , or set hard goals to push themselves its just one of the things that we can call inner demonds we all have them i guess its just how you keep them at bay or react to them :)

Thank you for the reading material I plan to read today

xxx

You're doing great, and that's what this site is for after all!! I didn't find it until I was well into the journey and wish I'd known about it from the beginning :) I ended up reading books about how metabolism works, how your body processes food and how it's generally a lazy system lol. It'll use the easiest energy source to breakdown first and these are your carbs.

Your body will leave the fat alone (harder to breakdown :() until it's used all it easy carbs. If we keep supplying it with carbs it'll keep "cheating" lol and never get round to burning the hard stuff. That's why VLCDs like CD are so great, it gives you enough carbs to keep your body happy but they get used up quickly so your body then uses fat to get the energy it needs yay :D

Thanks hun!!! Thats all good to know!!! I swear i just dont think logically on this diet ! lol x

You will still het compliements chick!! People notice things like weight loss so quickly!!
Set your goals similar to how I have set mine babe, that way you have no rush to get there and can just mark it off as done when you complete it! It's very satisfying that way, just make sure your goals are realistic!!

We will be on that beach in no time babe, running like the Baywatch babes! Hahahaha!!

Not long left on the diet chick, the weeks are flying by!! Roll on Saturday for weigh in xxxxxxx

im a compliment hussy!!! lol

omg Im going to order size 14 denim hot pants!! omg!!! 1st time for everything lol lol xxx

Hahahahahaha, gooooorrrrrrr on with ya bad self!! I tell you what, when we can finally get into our hotpants - it's major party time!! Hahaha xxxxx

Back