Going to the Pharmacists tomorrow - not sure!!

mellifluous

Hello everyone.
I have just joined this site today and am loving how supportive you all seem to be!
I overheard a lady talking about Lipotrim whilst at work a few weeks ago and told some people about it - I just wrote it off as "I couldn't NOT EAT for weeks". (I love cooking and baking... and subsequently eating, which is the main problem!)
But then my mum really got interested in it - found out all the information online and said she was going to the local pharmacist that stocks it tomorrow and did I want to come. I think it might be easier to do it together, so I've said yes.
I would like to lose 1.5-2 stone ultimately. A lot of people on here seem to do LT for a long time. Do you think it is worth it to just do it for 2-3 weeks? Some of the weight loss is incredible. I'm not sure if I'm right for it.
Do you think if we go to the pharmacy tomorrow morning we can start tomorrow?
Thank you for all your advice and for reading my post
:)

Sure it's worth doing it for 2-3 weeks & the chemist should be able to start you straight on it :) good luck x

Mellifluous I'm only doing it for six weeks & tomorrow is my 2nd weeks& so it's up to you how long you want to do it for x

i,m on my first week my first weigh in is tomoro think i would of lost 7lb by the morning & could,nt of done it without lp:)

Thanks for your replies everyone.

Just back from the pharmacy with mum. He was reasonably helpful although was going out to a nursing home visit so we have to go back this afternoon for an appointment with him to do a health check. All he said was that you needed to be wanting to lose more than a stone and have a BMI of over 25 - so that isn't an issue!

@disney1982 and @chan81- how have you found the first week?
@Rigvon - it would be great to have someone starting around the same time to compare notes with!

I will see what happens at the appointment this afternoon. My boyfriend (who I live with and will continue to cook for) thinks I am mad! At least I will have mum for some moral support if we go ahead.

Thanks for your replies everyone.

Came back from the pharmacists this morning and he seemed helpful enough. He just said that you needed to want to lose more than a stone and have a BMI over 25 - no problems there then!! We have to go back this afternoon for an appointment and medical checks. So we'll see.

@Disney1982 and @Chan81 - how have you (truthfully!) found your first week. I'm a bit scared. Not sure how basically Nil By Mouth will feel!
@Rigvon - how are you getting on today? It would be good to have someone to compare notes with!

Welcome hun! 2-3 weeks will fly by and you may find, once you get passed those first few days which can be hard as your body adjusts, that you are so used to LT by that point that you feel that you could carry on possibly even for a few extra weeks. When you first start LT you think to yourself that surely you're not going to have the willpower not to eat for weeks, but take it from a hardcore food addict, it honestly does become loads easier and very quickly. Cravings do still jump out and get you now and then but generally, the vast majority of it is clean sailing and pretty easy going once you enter ketosis and the actual hunger itself disappears - you just have to learn to suppress the old 'cravings' which are all in your head and not in your stomach. I'm not great at that and as you can see from my stats I have eaten three times in the 10 weeks I've been on LT. It's so not worth it as the losses drop to 1 to 2lbs a week for me in comparison to much better losses when I stay 100%.

My advice is to stick at it for those first 2-3 weeks 100% and see how you feel after that - it can make you feel all powerful when you realise you really don't need all that food after all.

Good luck hun and I hope it all goes well for both of you xx

Morning! @Rigvon, I've also started a little blog on here too - great minds. My next one is going to be a list of all the reasons why I am doing this and why it will make me feel better - something of a reminder list perhaps when the cravings kick in. @skinnylove_88 (love that song) - thanks for your kind words. It is great to see that you have been able to stick with it and have done so well. Did you think you would stay on LT that long when you started?

I am just up this morning, have left boyfriend to work and having a cup of black tea. Not quite worked myself up to a shake yet! @Rigvon - how was your first day?

Day 2 now and getting the hang of it. Difficult to imagine keeping going too far into the future. One day at a time. Feel motivated though. Finding solace in showers and painting nails. At least I'll be practice perfect by the time I'm looking fab. Blog is keeping me going, nice to have a rant!

Hope your doing well. We'll all get there together x

Yes - funny the things you think to do to pass the time! I had a bath in the middle of the afternoon yesterday. Day 2 is going better than day 1 did for me. I even managed to go out for coffee with my boyfriend - he ate a sausage roll and cappuccino - I had my peppermint tea. It was difficult and I did at times get a bit grumpy - especially him "mmmm" noise upon first bite!!

Went out for a walk with mum last night (she started LT the same day as me) which was good to get a bit of fresh air as I felt pretty awful yesterday. But slept for over 10 hours and woke up feeling much better. How is day 3 for you? I am hoping it will continue to get easier.

Oooh, that's hard to see him eating I'm sure. That's great you've got someone doing it the same time, especially seeing as it's your mum :)

Day 3 has been really good for me. Haven't felt hungry but I keep feeling like I've forgotten something (to eat)! Same feeling when I gave up smoking.

Had a sneaky jump on the scales thism morning and already showing 7lb down! I think I needed to see it to keep me through.

Hope you're going ok tonight. Early night for me I think.

@skinnylove_88 (love that song) - thanks for your kind words. It is great to see that you have been able to stick with it and have done so well. Did you think you would stay on LT that long when you started?

No way, I had no faith in myself at all! My will power is awful and I've failed miserably at every other diet I've ever tried before so I had very low hopes when I started LT. I'm amazed at how your body actually adapts to it and how much the hunger really does die down. I've had my share of blips but generally speaking I don't even think about food and it's great! I'm so pleased with myself! I really hope the same thing happens to you! xx

Great to hear you were feeling a bit better today Rigvon. I've been ok too - haven't felt ill like yesterday but just miss the feeling of eating! I'm not hungry... just wouldn't mind a bit of toast! I think it is the texture I miss. HOW AMAZING that you are -7lbs. I am insanely jealous! I don't have scales in my house (maybe this led to being much heavier than I thought in the first place??!) so am trying to resist. Went round to my mum's tonight and she wouldn't allow me to weigh myself. She is much more strong willed than I am!

Skinnylove - great to hear that you were in a similar position when you started. At the minute it is very much "take one day at a time" with me and I think if I got two weeks done on TFR, I could refeed and then do maintenance or something. Who knows - we'll see.

I'm in my pjs again already and just trying to get my last shake down. I find it really difficult to finish them.

All the best for tomorrow! x

Great advise skinnylove! Hope everyone is getting on well with LT I have just completed my 4th day and today I must say was so much better than yesterday when I was finding it really difficult. It has been great to find the forum and read lots of posts from everyone and know that there are other people out there feeling like you do:D
Cheers
Jude

Back