Going to WI when you know youve put on?

vowles

Ive had such a bad few days and binged ate :(

ive just weighed and scales say have have gained 4.5lb in 1 week!!!! i know youre always heavier at night but still i know i will have gained!! i dont know if i should bother going to class tomorrow as i will feel soooo embarrased!! i was only 1lb away from losing a stone :cry:

I was 1lb away from a stone last Tuesday too - and so upset I didn't get it I went home and binged for 3 days. However, I drew a line under it and have tried to be good for the rest of the week.
If I don't go to WI I know I will never hit my target and I WILL NOT BE A FAT BRIDE!!! Losing weight means more to me in the long run than one week of gaining does.

Oh - and not only do my scales tell me I've gained a similar amount to you - I also know they're slightly incorrect and if I'm VERY careful tomorrow I can minimise the damage ;)

i think thats why i binged too as i was dissapointed :(
i could kick myself now though!! all that hard work undone, i could cry!! x

Even if worse comes to worse and you've put on you need to go to class.

Okay there's a moment of feeling crap but then you stay to class, everyone is really sympathetic because they've all been there, and you come away feeling all motivated for the coming week.

If you don't do, you miss that moment of embarrassment but instead you dwell on how bad you've been, you eat even more to make yourself feel better, then you feel guilty and think "might as well not bother now" and then go off plan completely.

So ... the choice is yours ;)

Youre right i need to go to get motivated for the week ahead and to remind myself i dont want that embarrasing feeling again!!! x

Oh and if your consultant is good she won't tell the class how much you've gained anyway (or you can ask her not to) so there shouldn't be too much embarrassment - I bet half the class gain at any given week! That's life!

Im feeling similar, had a bit of an iffy week partly due to being in the middle of getting my kitchen re-done and I have not had a cooker for three weeks :(. It has made following plan quite difficult as I batch cook for the week ahead to help me when I am tired after work and dont want to cook.

I do plan on going to class but am worried I have gained! If I have I know the reasons and will plan better this week. Still no cooker for 2 weeks though eeeek.

It's the time you DO need to go to group. If not then it can result in a downward spiral.
Face the music, accept it and have a cracking week next week!!

Don't mean to make this religious (as I certainly am not myself) but I have always liked the poem "Footsteps":

One night I dreamed a dream.
I was walking along the beach with my Lord. Across the dark sky flashed scenes from my life. For each scene, I noticed two sets of footprints in the sand, one belonging to me and one to my Lord.
When the last scene of my life shot before me I looked back at the footprints in the sand. There was only one set of footprints. I realized that this was at the lowest and saddest times of my life. This always bothered me and I questioned the Lord about my dilemma.
"Lord, You told me when I decided to follow You, You would walk and talk with me all the way. But I'm aware that during the most troublesome times of my life there is only one set of footprints. I just don't understand why, when I need You most, You leave me."
He whispered, "My precious child, I love you and will never leave you, never, ever, during your trials and testings. When you saw only one set of footprints, It was then that I carried you."

If you replace "The Lord" with a Slimming World class and your Consultant you should get my point.

When we are strong, confident, motivated, focused, we find it easy to get to classes, we can be proud, we can brag, we are ahead of the game.

It is these times that the others struggling and going through a bad patch look to us for guidance and encouragement.

I think you should go to the class, for a start it draws a line under the last week and starts you afresh, it also gives you your new weight so you will be able to appreciate any weight you lose this week.

And most importantly, you can now get some support from your SWC and more importantly your group, whom I am certain must owe you quite a lot by now :)

Ive had such a bad few days and binged ate :(

ive just weighed and scales say have have gained 4.5lb in 1 week!!!! i know youre always heavier at night but still i know i will have gained!! i dont know if i should bother going to class tomorrow as i will feel soooo embarrased!! i was only 1lb away from losing a stone :cry:

Hun, I know exactly what you mean!! I have my WI tomorrow as well and 'm dreding it!! I feel so heavy and just had to step on the scale and it said + 1pound!! I worked hard but guesstimated some syns during the week!?
But I am going to class becos as everyone has said, it really does give you the motivation as well as the kick up the "behind" you need!!

Good luck hun.
Scouzer. X

Im in the same boat hun, I am 1lb off my 1st award and im dreading WI this Weds, ive eaten soooo much junk over the last 4 days and last night got really drunk at a birthday party. Ive only myself to blame if I dont manage my sticker this week which to be honest is looking really unlikely.

Okay so ive been naughty but im trying to put things into proportion by telling myself that I have enjoyed myself for a few days and now im going to be super good again. Its just this horrid bloating thats annoying me the most.

Don't mean to make this religious (as I certainly am not myself) but I have always liked the poem "Footsteps":

One night I dreamed a dream.
I was walking along the beach with my Lord. Across the dark sky flashed scenes from my life. For each scene, I noticed two sets of footprints in the sand, one belonging to me and one to my Lord.

When the last scene of my life shot before me I looked back at the footprints in the sand. There was only one set of footprints. I realized that this was at the lowest and saddest times of my life. This always bothered me and I questioned the Lord about my dilemma.

"Lord, You told me when I decided to follow You, You would walk and talk with me all the way. But I'm aware that during the most troublesome times of my life there is only one set of footprints. I just don't understand why, when I need You most, You leave me."

He whispered, "My precious child, I love you and will never leave you, never, ever, during your trials and testings. When you saw only one set of footprints, It was then that I carried you."

I have always loved this also. I carry a liitle card with it on in my purse.

Vowles, as someone who stayed away previously when they gained I wholeheartedly say go back, I always wonder about the what if and maybe wouldn;t be so miserable about my weight now.

Gain the courage to go back, its only 2 hours of one night out of your life, the following week it will be all forgotten.

There will be lots of support from similar minded people who will know exactly how you you feel and will be there to support you.

Good luck and "GO BACK" :D

Definitely go to class. It gives you a definite result to draw a line under and move on from. I find that not going when you (think) you have a gain is the beginning of a slippery slope and puts you at risk of giving up going all together.

Don't forget, the consultant (like a GP) has seen it all before and there is nothing to be embarrassed about.

PLUS you will probably find it's not as bad as you fear.

Well, tomorrow's another day. We don't stop trying our best. Just look at the positives of how much weight you already lost =]

Goodluck!

I've always found that class is most important when I know I might get a bad result. I go, get weighed and put it all behind me.
My consutant says that even though it's taken me a long time to lose my weight it proves that if you persevere you'll get there in the end.
I hope you go to WI, it might not be as bad as you hink

Thanks for all your support, it really does mean alot!!
im going to go to class and get it over and done with!! ive weighed at home and scales say 1.5lb gain, so not too bad, ive woken up so determind this morning, im going to have a 100% week, eat lots of SS foods and hopefully get this 1.5lb off plus hopefully another 1lb :)
wish me luck girlies xxxx

It is difficult, but you NEED to return to class. Don't let a few days' blip turn into 2 weeks. Class will motivate you, and as said above, no-one need no what the 'damage' (if any) is!

Keep up the good work....keep your goal in mind, and enjoy EVERY step of the journey. We are all learning to deal with our food issues....

yay!! Go for it! Even if you do have a small gain - your good days this week will add to your 7 good days next week and you'll beat everyone else hands down ;)

Back