Golf

ang2252

Silver Member
I have played golf for 20 or so years. It surprising how much exercise you get in a round of golf :). Depending on how well (or not!!) you walk between 4-6 miles when you play a full round of 18 holes. Its good for the waist, hips and upper arms as well as the legs. You have a good social life as well if you're a member of a golf club and that's where it can fall down weight wise......all that wine and meals after a game:sigh:. Still it's good fun. Any other golfers out there?

I used to play about 3 to 4 times a week I got down 15hc but then the club went down and we all stopped playing I played went I was at my heaviest last summer and I could barely hit a ball :( but now the weight loss has started to kick in I'll get back out this spring and see what I can do.

Hi,

My partner has just suggested we should go next week, I've never played before but he has. Not quite sure what to expect, I can't see me leaving the driving range but ill probably get my money's worth, there's no doubt about that!! Any advice will be greatly appreciated...

Keep your head down when you hit the ball, don't be tempted to look up and watch it go. And complete your swing , don't stop swinging once your club has hit the ball. And the best advice of all......have fun ;-)

Back