Good breakfast?

I am on Extra Easy and I'm not really one to eat berries but I want the SS benefit so I have been making smoothies in the mornings. They are made with

5 strawberries
1 cup of blue berrys
The juice of two mandarin oranges
A banana
Muller light vanilla yogurt.

Then I liquidize them all together. Is this an OK breakfast or so I need to add something/take something away. :confused:

I am new BTW so hello everyone!

I am pretty sure that if you liquidize fruit on SW that it has to be synned. I think its something to do with it be easier to consume & possiblly not as filling. I'm sure someone else will be able to give you a more definite answer.

I have berries quite a bit in the morning though & here are some ideas on the ways I incorporate tham into the meals

-Porridge with chopped strawberries on top
-All bran golden crunch with vanilla mullerlight & raspberries
- cinnnamon french toast with raspberries & 0% total greek yoghurt

Hope that helps :)

I usually have cut up strawberrys with onken fat free strawberry yogurt, which is really nice.
I used to never eat breakfast but now I really look forward to this :)

yep according to the rules you should syn blended fruit ... you will probs get away with it for a while though so its up to you ..but it would be classed as a cheat... they do sound yummy though

I never understood the fruit thing. I asked my consultant on Monday about putting blueberries in my porridge while it was cooking as I'm not keen on them 'raw'. She explained that if you process fruit in any way then your body doesn't have to work so hard to digest it. Made sense to me out like that.

Thank you so much! I put on 2lbs this week after losing 4lbs last week and the only thing I changed were the smoothies. I had been drinking them like crazy :ashamed0005: so no more smoothies.

Thanks again. :D

Hello GirlWithPointyShoes and :welcome2:

I'm not a berry eater either and I'm not into eating anything that I don't particularly like. It's egg, bacon and tomatoes for me every time! Even though the tomatoes are Superfree, I still eat a couple of pieces of fruit with a Muller light yogurt afterwards.

Making the fruit up into smoothies unfortunately means it does have to be synned. The reason for this is basically there is less energy used up in eating them cooked or blended as there would be if they were whole and eaten raw.

Just be careful in having them the way you are you're not going over your syn allowance as it does add up.

Only wanted to add that Blueberries and Bananas aren't superspeed and Mandarin Orange juice wouldn't even be free x

Thanks guys, I was going to ask this last night at the meeting but it was only my second week and I'm naturally very shy so still feel alittle :eek: about speaking to the group.

Verdict - Smoothies are bad

Just a new thing our consultant told us today is that the fat free Onken yoghurts are no longer using sweetners so will be syn'd now

Oranges or grapefruits are great ss and if you have one after each meal
You would be surprised how much it boosts your weight loss.

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Back