Good Evening!

Intermeezo

Hello everyone!

My name is Mike, I'm 26, and I'll be starting my weight loss journey this coming Monday. Why Monday? Because that's when my gym membership comes into effect & I'll be attending my very first Slimming World meeting on Tuesday morning. My plan is to attend the gym Mondays 12pm-2pm, & Wednesdays & Fridays 8pm-10pm focusing on spending an hour on cardio and possibly an hour on weights. I know this isn't much, but I don't want to burn myself out before even starting.

I haven't always struggled with my weight. Up until the age of 13 I was relatively average. But since that age, I've considered myself to be 'chubby' and overweight. Its now gotten to the point where I can't look at myself in the mirror without feeling disgusted, and get angry at anyone who tried to take a photograph of me. I hate my 'love handles', I hate my 'moobs', and I hate my round face and fat neck. I get tired extremely easy, sweat all the time, and get out of breath easily.

My diet is extremely self destructive. I drink Coca-cola, Pepsi, and minimal water. I eat McDonalds, pizzas, KFC, takeaways, and microwave meals. Chocolate, biscuits, sweets, crisps, waffles, sandwiches are things I eat in between meals.

I'm not too sure what my current weight is, as my parents don't have any bathroom scales, but the last time I checked on one of those 'Boots' scales about 6 months ago, I was around the 18.5 stones mark. I'm 6ft tall, so that makes my BMI a worrying 35.1. The only exercise I've done up until this point is using my fingers on a laptop keyboard. Since I live in a rural area, I drive everywhere.

I don't want to be unrealistic in my goals, because I've naturally tried to diet in the past. Although I've been able to stick to most of them for a week or two, I inevitably gave up. Will power is something I seriously lack. If I can be around the 14 stone mark by June 2014, I'd be extremely happy. Anything beyond that would be a huge bonus!

So there we have it! I hope to make many friends during my time on the forum. I hope I can support you just as much as I know you'll be supporting me through my journey. I really want to make a go of it this time, because it's really started to effect my mental health just as much as my physical health.

Hello mike, welcome and it was heat warming to read your honest introduction. You sound like your going to be really committed and sensible about doing things and I wish you every success.

I'm doing slimming world as well and finding it really quite easy about what you can and can't eat but like anything you gave to take time to get your head around it.

Thanks very much for the warm welcome guys :)

You're completely right, its just a matter of changing my lifestyle and sticking with the simple changes I'll be making. Eating less junk, and moving more. It's a simple rule to stick by.... isn't it? :)

Hi and welcome :)
As someone has already said you sound very committed already which is the first big step.
Im kind of new here too...I used to post lots but have been off-track for a few years. Everyone here is so supportive! Best of luck for your weight-loss journey!

Back