Good hummus recipe?

Discussion in 'Recipes' started by TwoPoundsPerWeek, 6 November 2007 Social URL.

1. TwoPoundsPerWeek

TwoPoundsPerWeek Full Member

I had some hummus at a baby shower recently, and it was so good! But I don't really know the woman who hosted it very well, so I was hoping someone here would have a good recipe. I have no clue how to make this stuff! Other than something about chickpeas...lol

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. flirty40greeneyes

flirty40greeneyes Busy busy busy!!

Start Weight:
    15st3lb
    Current Weight:
    13st11lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    1st6lb(9.39%)
    Diet:
    Slim and Save
    I use to make it with a tin of chick peas, clove of garlic (crushed) or garlic granules if dried, a lemon or lemon juice, some virgin olive oil and a small tub of creme freche all in a food processor. Try different amounts until you get the taste you like.

4. Amber34

Amber34 Full Member

Diet:
    Briffa/Atkins
    I do pretty much the same as Beverly, but use lime juice instead of lemon, omit the creme freche and add a spoonful of tahini paste (sunflower seed paste) and mush it all up using my stick blender.

5. TwoPoundsPerWeek

TwoPoundsPerWeek Full Member

Hmmm. Maybe I will try both and see which works better for me. Both sound yummy. Yes, I just said "yummy". lol. I'd love to have this at my next party, which will probably be around Christmas, so that gives me time to test out both and see what I get. I can't imagine there are TOO many variations, but what do I know?

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.