Good hummus recipe?

TwoPoundsPerWeek

I had some hummus at a baby shower recently, and it was so good! But I don't really know the woman who hosted it very well, so I was hoping someone here would have a good recipe. I have no clue how to make this stuff! Other than something about chickpeas...lol

I use to make it with a tin of chick peas, clove of garlic (crushed) or garlic granules if dried, a lemon or lemon juice, some virgin olive oil and a small tub of creme freche all in a food processor. Try different amounts until you get the taste you like.

I do pretty much the same as Beverly, but use lime juice instead of lemon, omit the creme freche and add a spoonful of tahini paste (sunflower seed paste) and mush it all up using my stick blender.

Hmmm. Maybe I will try both and see which works better for me. Both sound yummy. Yes, I just said "yummy". lol. I'd love to have this at my next party, which will probably be around Christmas, so that gives me time to test out both and see what I get. I can't imagine there are TOO many variations, but what do I know?

Back