Good old slimming world!!

rosinakathleen

Big, busty and Blowsy!
I have just started sw again after a major fall from grace, and was thinking back to when I first started sw.
That was approx 21 years ago and boy has there been some changes!
At that time all fruit and yogs had to be synned, as only meat and veg were free, veggies had to syn pasta rice etc.
Then came free fruit, pasta and rice, including tinned mac cheese! Corned beef was also free so a tin a day was the way to go.
Tyne brand tinned curries came next as a free food, when mixed with eggs on a red day they made a lovely quiche to go with salad.
It's soooo funny looking at sw today as half the free foods 20 odd years ago were synned religiously, and the HEX's have also changed beyond recognition.
At one point if you were on the green plan you could have a burger for example, and if it was 9 syns you could deduct 6 sins and have it as a 24u (HEX) and just count 3 syns!
Today's sw is so much better, and maybe in another 20 years they will also declare chocolate a free food!!!!

It's funny how much it changes in a few years. I can remember only about 4 years ago Stagg Chilli and Savoury Rice were free

Oh yes, good old stagg!
Eggs were also synned at one point!

Oh glad to see you back, your diary was hilarious - will you be starting it up again? How have you been, how's your son?

Good luck with the restart! :)

Back