gosh its been a very very long time since i came here.. about 6 years!!!

LISEE

well hello...

I remember this place as being supportive and motivational so i have discovered it all over again.

i remember thinking i needed to lose weight bad back then (my mug shot there is way back when i was first here!!) with under 30lb to lose.... now its more like 100lbs (there are no pics of me like this EVER) .. im not really sure how it is yet!

i start weight watchers with my mother next weds (25/09). not looking forward to it too much, as i have failed miserably already and not sure how i can manage to lose THIS much weight, it seems like a mountain!!!

it started when i gave up smoking. started to gain weight at a rapid rate within the first month. i asked the doctor for some advice, and all she could say was.. "of course you will gain weight, food tasted better now!"... well its 3 years ago since i stopped and i have gone from 13st 8lbs to .. well around 17st 7lbs last time i weighed a week ago.... i wear nothing but dresses that wont touch me when i walk... even walking seems hard work since i put this weight on!

good news is i have registered at the gym and had an induction.. and i go there tomorrow... easy does it and all that.. i remember how good it felt to go running and feeling so energetic.. i want that back again....

i will be reading and hoping for some inspiration along the way, thanks for reading my ramble.. (if you got this far!!)

lisee xx

Hi Lisee and welcome back to Minimins! Good luck in your weight loss journey, stay positive :) xx

Hi Lisee, when you focus on the total you want to lose it can be overwhelming. Remember to take it 1 lb at a time. Some weeks you'll maybe put on a pound but that's ok, that's normal. You quit smoking - that's a huge deal and took a heck of a lot of strength to do so I know for certain that you have what it takes to reach your goal.

Good luck. :)

Mo

Welcome back!!!! I too came back after. A few year's absence. Well done on quitting smoking that's a fantastic achievement. Here's to a another success ?

Back