Got my hopes off and now feel down!

Louisep3

Hi all
Just need a bit of a moan really, have been on SW for nearly 6weeks and am 1/2lb off my first stone award. Have generally been really happy, enjoying it and felt really positive about my losses, but tonight I went clothes shopping to try and get myself something nice for my friends birthday tomorrow and everything just looked awful! I'd hoped that having lost almost a stone I'd at least be able to get a top or something that looked good, now I'm just not looking forward to tomorrow anymore as I've got nothing to wear and all my good feelings have gone out the window!
Anyway like I said at the start I'm just having a self indulgent moan! I'm not going to let it put me off my diet because after seeing myself in just my undies from 3 different angles in the changing room I know I can't give up while I still look like this!
Grrr bloody changing rooms, nothing like harsh lighting and multiple mirrors to make you feel crap about yourself!!
Xx

Aw sweetie, I know exactly how you feel, it's me most weekends :)

Chin up.

And remember the best thing a woman can wear is her smile :D

Failing that, find something that's comfy & makes you feel good & add sparkly jewellery - usually works for me ;)

XxX

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Dont feel down. You have done amazingly! Well done on your loss so far! I am 3 stone down and still hate shopping, still dont feel i look any different but know that i must to other people.
I think our brains take a while to catch up with our bodies! And changing rooms do have THE most unflattering lighting and mirrors! xx

Xcharlibobx said:
Aw sweetie, I know exactly how you feel, it's me most weekends :)

Chin up.

And remember the best thing a woman can wear is her smile :D

Failing that, find something that's comfy & makes you feel good & add sparkly jewellery - usually works for me ;)

XxX

Thank you! :)

Think it's gonna have to be the old faithful LBD and some killer heels, at least my shoes still look beautiful whatever my size :)

xx

chun-ky said:
Dont feel down. You have done amazingly! Well done on your loss so far! I am 3 stone down and still hate shopping, still dont feel i look any different but know that i must to other people.
I think our brains take a while to catch up with our bodies! And changing rooms do have THE most unflattering lighting and mirrors! xx

Thanks Chun-ky
Well done to you too, 3st is incredible!
Definitely agree about our brains taking a bit of time to catch up, just need to keep on keeping on! :)

xx

Louisep3 said:
Thank you! :)

Think it's gonna have to be the old faithful LBD and some killer heels, at least my shoes still look beautiful whatever my size :)

xx

This is why I have 2 wardrobes full of shoes ;)

We can all look glam in a bin bag as long as we have amazing shoes!

XxX

I hate clothes shopping, I'm a size 16... went into Primark and they only had a size 20 in a top I liked.. bought it and tried it on at home and it was so TIGHT! That was a depressing moment.
Changing room lights are so unflattering, and all these extra mirrors they put in there now! One angle is enough never mind 5 lol!
Just think how amazing you will feel when you get to goal and try something on then....

The way they cut clothes means one "size" can vary by 1.5 inches... Always worth trying 2 of the same size on lol!!

It's rubbish that there's no standard for sizes either :(

Remember it's how you FEEL not what the size is ;) (I know how hard it is to believe that though :D)

XxX

Men feel the same! I hate shopping because I never look good in anything. I can't see any difference in how I look lol so I think it does take time for our brains to catch up!

I have two xmas work parties coming up in two weeks and four weeks and I know I won't be happy with anything I find in the shops. Just gotta think of the end target and keep going til then!

Just a thought - have you had new underwear before you go and try on these new clothes?

I find if my underwear sucks me in and supports my chest - i look ten times better in the clothes than without.

Also - we are our own worst critics, i bet you look fabulous, but you are being a little down on yourself and cant see the positives!!! xxx

Back