Got my 'target dress'

Very nice dress.

But if it was brought as a treat for hitting target - what's the incentive to loose that last 2.5lb after Thursday night once the dress has been worn before hitting target?

I rewarded myself with a new watch for lossing 10st. It stayed in the box until after i weighed in and hit that target - and then it was straight on with it (OK, helped by the fact i had only just picked it up from the jellewers after having the straps adjusted) - but with a firm promise that if i hadn't made it that night, i'd just have to take it with me every weigh-in till i did.

don't cheat yourself - if its a reward for hitting target - wait - however tempting it may be to have your reward early.

Wear it!!!! It really is a gorgeous dress.
You can get another one for when you hit target and for your b'day too ;)

This may not be the right thing to say but I think we sometimes get a bit hung up on what the scales read. You have lost an incredible amount of weight and yes, we all have a target to reach but be honest, are you going to look any different from now to when you hit target? No. Yes, you will feel different in that you have achieved your goal but you won't be different physically. The main job has been done....so go on......WEAR THAT BEAUTIFUL DRESS!

Have a lovely time.....

Its totally up to you whether you want to wear it or not. Basically if the dress fits you now then I think you are perfectly entitled to wear the beautiful dress :)

I am currently just a few pounds from target also and I love love love buying clothes in a size10 and wearing them now - never thought I would be that size again :D so maybe you can have another new dress for your birthday!!

X

Cocktailprincess..... what can i say..... I have just looked at your photos...... words can not express the wow-ness I'm feeling..... WEAR THE DRESS AND BUY ANOTHER ONE..... oh god you so deserve it!!! xxx

Oh wow you are doing so well and so close now. keep on going girl not much longer now xx

Oh CocktailPrincess, I just looked at your before and after pics. What a transformation! You look gorgeous, and such an inspiration to us mere mortals! XXX

Oh God- thanks for all the kind comments, guys. Your support never fails to astound me!

Right, so now I am thoroughly confused- I would say the split is about 50/50 between 'wear it' and 'save it'

Excited, childish, impatient CP says 'wear it' (along with all you other big kids who could never wait until Xmas morning)

Sensible, practical, intelligent CP says 'save it' (like all you well behaved people who point out a reward for a goal should NOT be taken before the goal is achieved)

LOL- I guess I will decide on the night- will let you know either way
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Ha ha, I am totally in the Big Kid corner, but then its this kind of impatience that meant I could never just have one biscuit.... its up to you hun!

But whatever you do, this is only the first of many, many target dresses, so they'll be lots more fashion dilemmas to come! x x x x

Back