GOT TO STOP MESSING!!!

angwass

Well here is my story.....I started a slimming world group in March 2012 and have currenty lost 1stone 1lbs. I went to group up until May this year when I moved into a new house and away from the area of the group. I have been doing slimming world on my own since then and I am actually 2lbs lighter since finishing group. In between finishing I have had a holiday to Devon and a stressful house move so feel I have done pretty well to be 2 lbs lighter.

However I am one of these people that aren't always 100% on the plan as my partner will eat the teas I cook, which is great but we still have chocolate, crisps and nuts in the house as he still eats all these which occasionally I also tuck in to. It is starting to be more often than not these days so I'm needing a bit of motivation from you lovely men and ladies to help me along. I am a typical lose a lb, have a maintain, have a gain girl so I've been pretty much at the same weight for 6 months now.

I previously did a food diary on here but I want a fresh food diary page for a fresh start. My partner is on nights all week from tonight so I know I can have a really good week without snacking so I'm ready to kick start my journey!

I will be posting food pictures as and when I get the chance and any feedback, motivation, meal ideas etc would be muchly appreciated.....here goes!!! :) x

Tuesday 25/6 - EE

Breakfast - 2 slices w/meal bread toasted with 1tbsp jam (2)

Lunch - pasta bake - pasta tubes, SW spag bol (made with extra lean mince, tinned tomatoes, onions, mushrooms, tomatoe puree, mixed herbs, beef stock cube) topped with cheese (ha). Followed by a fat free shape yog, a pear and 2 satsumas

Pasta Bake.jpg

Tea - Warburtons Thins pizza - Warburtons thins (5), peppers, chicken, tomato puree, cheese (5), SW chips with beans.

Total syns for today will be 12 syns.

I will update this post with pictures and my exact meals tonight but that is what I have planned out for today :) x

Last edited:
Well pleased with how my day went yesterday foodwise, although I would like to try and get a bit more super free included in my meals.

Wednesday 26/6 - EE

Breakfast - 1 banana, fat free shape yogurt and 1 rocky road hi fi bar (3)

breakie.jpg

Lunch - 2 slices of w/meal bread toasted (hb), 1 tsp lurpak lighter (1.5), tin a spaghetti.

Tea - Cottage pie (extra lean mince, onions, mushrooms, beef stock cube, seasoning), potatoes, cabbage, peas, carrots, broccoli, cauli, small yorkie (2), gravy (3)

tea.jpg

Snacks - Apple, 3 Cadbury Eclairs (3)

Total syns = 12.5

I also bought a vibration plate and so I measured myself on Sunday and I do 15 minutes on it every night and will take my measurements again this Sunday and let you know how I get on as my mum did this last week and she lost 4 cm's from her hips and waist and also lost cm's from her chest and legs so going to keep an eye on this!

Last edited:
Good morning to anyone looking at my diary!

I shall be getting weighed on Monday but feel like I'm having a good week so far. I felt very bloated over the last 2 weeks but finally feel back to normal so hoping for a loss :)

Thursday - 27/6 - EE

Breakie - 2 weetabix (hb) with milk from my allowance (ha)

Mid morning snack - Banana

Lunch - Jacket potatoe with lettuce, tomato, cucumber and onion. Fat free shape yogurt.

Snack - Orange

Tea - SW chips, 2 tomato sausages (10), baked beans and poached egg. 1 slice of w/meal bread (3).

Snack - packet of space raiders (3), 1 cadbury eclair (1)

Total syns = 17 syns

Gone over by 2 today but not too worried as will have less tomorrow :)

Last edited:
Friday 28/7 - EE

Breakie - 2 w/meal bread toasted (hb), 1 tbsp jam (2)

Lunch - Salmon salad (lettuce, tomato, cucumber, orange pepper, gherkins), small amount of reduced fat coleslaw (2). Shape yogurt.

salad.jpg

Tea - Warburtons Thins pizza (Warburtons Thins (5), tomato puree, ham, mushrooms, cheese (ha)), SW chips and beans.

snack - Rocky road hi-fi bar (3)

Total syns = 12

Last edited:
Hi there. Your diaries are looking good. You pulled the syns back ok. I measured myself this week. Should have done it ages ago. Its done no anyway. Have good losses on your new journey.

Hi Nanny Doreen,

Thank you, I feel like I'm having a good week so far :) Yes I've managed to stay within my syns so far. Think I will be having a takeaway tonight as we usually have one after WI but my OH has been on nights and he's on 10-8's next week so reckon its going to be one tonight but not sure what we will be having yet but I will choose wise from wherever we go.

I'm going to re-measure myself tomorrow so I shall let you know how I've done. I think sometimes we don't lose on the scales but feel better in our clothes so obviously must lose inches.

How are you getting on? x

Saturday 29/6 - EE

Breakie - Omlette, mushrooms, cheese (ha) with beans

Lunch - 2 w/meal bread (hb), sliced Turkey breast

Tea - I had take out tonight but I went for a doner wrap and only ate half of it so going to syn it at 14 syns (8 for doner meat and 6 for wrap) which I think is more than enough as it hardly had any doner meat in and it had salad in. I also had a 1/4 portion of chips and going to syn them at 8. Again I think this is more than enough.

Syns for Saturday = 22

Last edited:
Afternoon, I am doing well so far, had a night out yesterday with slimming club which went really well.
In the last 2 weeks I have lost 4lbs, about time mind you.
I am doing 3 red days per week, which has helped before. Got company this weekend so will be doing extra easy.

I sometimes moan that I am on my own, althought I really am used to it now, but on the plus side I don`t have to worry about what OH wants.

One of our members has 6 children, and she is doing good on weight loss. I would pick at their leftovers I know.

The only thing you can do is to try and choose sensible things off menu if you can.

Good luck with it.

Hi here to diary crash :)

I'm doing Sw from home too.....I did go to group last year, but like you I moved out of the area and when I restarted I joined 3months online membership and get all my support from the lovely minis.

My OH will eat sw meals with me no problem at all......but has a constant supply going of choc,crisps,hobnob bars :eek: which did make it really hard for me grrr. But now I have my own 'tub' of treats and low syn crisps so when he's chomping then I can just go root about in my stash ;)

Keep up the good work......we will get there in the end xx

Sunday 30/6 - EE

Brunch - Panini (12), bacon, mushrooms and cheese (ha)

Tea - Boiled rice, sweet and sour chicken

Total syns - 12

You will be pleased to know that I measured myself again today and I have lost 2cms from my waist, 1cm from my chest and 4cms from my belly. I am guessing this is due to the vibration plate so I shall continue going on it and measure myself next Sunday. I get weighed tonight so shall update later on how I get on :)

Checked my syns for the week and I've had 87.5/105 so there is no reason why I shouldn't have a loss tonight.

Afternoon, I am doing well so far, had a night out yesterday with slimming club which went really well.
In the last 2 weeks I have lost 4lbs, about time mind you.
I am doing 3 red days per week, which has helped before. Got company this weekend so will be doing extra easy.

I sometimes moan that I am on my own, althought I really am used to it now, but on the plus side I don`t have to worry about what OH wants.

One of our members has 6 children, and she is doing good on weight loss. I would pick at their leftovers I know.

The only thing you can do is to try and choose sensible things off menu if you can.

Good luck with it.

Oh wow well done on the 4lb loss, that's brill!! I tried doing the red days part week but I really have to plan my meals so may have to have a go at then again as I know it does give me a boost.

Dieting is VERY hard at best of times but definitely harder when my OH is eating our usual foods that we would have eaten before the diet. I must admit I know i'm not always 100% on the diet as I will have a little of what I used to have but in moderation so I'm happy with my slow losses for that reason x

Hi here to diary crash :)

I'm doing Sw from home too.....I did go to group last year, but like you I moved out of the area and when I restarted I joined 3months online membership and get all my support from the lovely minis.

My OH will eat sw meals with me no problem at all......but has a constant supply going of choc,crisps,hobnob bars :eek: which did make it really hard for me grrr. But now I have my own 'tub' of treats and low syn crisps so when he's chomping then I can just go root about in my stash ;)

Keep up the good work......we will get there in the end xx

Hi and welcome to my diary :)

That is a very good idea of doing myself a tub of lower syn treats, I shall have to invest as it is a nightmare when he's eating choccie and crisps I naturally want them too. He is good with main meals, 9 times out of 10 he will eat the slimming world meals I cook, so that's a big help.

Oh it's definitely a marathon and not a sprint that I'm doing but I know I'm not always 100% on the diet so I don't mind the slow losses too much. You only get out of it what you put in. Have you got a food diary? x

Well I am doing half days at work all this week as I am dog sitting for my mum so I shall be having my dinners when I get home but I am trying to plan them the night before so I don't end up with any old meal.

Monday 1/7

Breakie - Banana and yog

I am going to get weighed at lunchtime when I get home then I planned last night that I am going to have:

Lunch - Chicken pasta bake - Leftover chicken from yesterday, pasta, peppers and topped with cheese (ha)

Hi :)

Popping in to subscribe to your diary! Some fantastic meals going on, looks scrummy :) I also do SW from home, and I have found the support I get on here is enough to motivate me, without needing to go to a group.

Keep up the good work :)

Helen xx

Hi :)

Popping in to subscribe to your diary! Some fantastic meals going on, looks scrummy :) I also do SW from home, and I have found the support I get on here is enough to motivate me, without needing to go to a group.

Keep up the good work :)

Helen xx

Hi Helen,

Thank you :) Oh definitely I would be lost without minimins! Do you have a diary on here? x

Hi Helen,

Thank you :) Oh definitely I would be lost without minimins! Do you have a diary on here? x

Me too! It has become my new Bible ;) I do as it goes - 'Helen's Food Diary :)' - as far as I can remember!

Xx

Tuesday 2/7 - EE

Breakie - 2 w/meal bread toasted (hb), 1 tbsp Jam (2), banana

Lunch - Jacket stuffed with ham

Snack - 3 custard creams (9), 2 w/meal bread (800g loaf) (8)

Tea - I am making tasty chicken which is a recipe I got off a lady on here, it is basically fromage frais, Parmesan cheese (ha), garlic powder, salt, pepper all mixed together and coat chicken in this mixture and cook. I'm going to serve it with SW chips and beans.

Done a bit pants on the superfree foods today but atleast I'm within my syns.

Total syns = 19 (oooopys must claw back the syns tomorrow)

I finished work at lunch time all this week as dog sitting and my OH isn't get home till 8.30 at night which means I have 8 hours of been in house on my own which caused me to snack on foods I shouldn't have :-(

Last edited:
Back