GP Signature

Discussion in 'Lighter Life Forum' started by Devoted2beingSlim, 17 February 2009 Social URL.

1. Devoted2beingSlim

Devoted2beingSlim Full Member

Start Weight:
    13st7lb
    Current Weight:
    13st7lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    Cambridge SS+
    Hi everyone, is there a way of joining lighterlife without a GP signature. I really don't want to see my GP but want to do lighterlife for the counselling benefits. Hope you can help xx

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. daisydoll

daisydoll Gold Member

Start Weight:
    12st6lb
    Current Weight:
    10st8lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st7lb
    Lost(%):
    1st12lb(14.94%)
    Diet:
    was LL now diet chef
    Hi there
    Is it one particular GP you don't want to see - could you ask for another one at your surgery?

You can pay private somewhere like bupa i think - your LLC should know

daisy x

4. Sean(JSF)

Sean(JSF) Making it all add up

Start Weight:
    20st6lb
    Current Weight:
    13st0lb
    Goal Weight:
    13st0lb
    Lost(%):
    7st6lb(36.36%)
    Diet:
    Finished - Lighter Life
    Not possible to start without a GP signature, but as Daisy says it is possible to see another GP (although may cost you more). Chances are your local LLC will have a 'tame' GP they can put you in touch with.

Good luck

5. bigboy77

bigboy77 Full Member

Start Weight:
    25st0lb
    Diet:
    LL
    can't you see the nurse? its what i did. just think once you get it out the way you can start losing weight!

6. MandyLupton

MandyLupton Gold Member

Start Weight:
    20st2.0lb
    Current Weight:
    20st2.0lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    S&S
    If you are not on any medication or under a GP for a medical complaint, it is possible to get a signature from the practice nurse but I would verify this with your llc.

7. Huseyin

Huseyin Silver Member

Start Weight:
    17st2.8lb
    Current Weight:
    17st2.8lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    Lighter Life
    No you must acquire the signatire of th GP, any particular reason you dont want to see the GP, perhaps fear they wont sign?

I can tell you they are keen in most cases some reserved but ultimately they will sign it as its a benefit to you.

Also they sell lipotrim in chemists which GP's approve of.

8. EmVeg

EmVeg Do a little dance!

Start Weight:
    13st9lb
    Current Weight:
    8st2lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st7lb
    Lost(%):
    5st7lb(40.31%)
    Diet:
    LighterLife
    My LLC referred me to a private clinic because most surgery's in our area flat out refuse to even make you an appoinment for it.

However, if you are on medication or have certain medical complaints it does have to be your GP though.

(Personally I can't wait to next me GP - I'm not going to let him weigh me....I'm not letting him get his "bonus" for having one less obese patient because he done **** all)

9. Devoted2beingSlim

Devoted2beingSlim Full Member

Start Weight:
    13st7lb
    Current Weight:
    13st7lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    Cambridge SS+
    Thanks for all the replies. I just didn't want my GP knowing my business really as he can be very deep and goes on about things. I know he means well but I can't be doing with it. I didn't want it on my records at all. Sounds sad I know. As it turns out there are no LL groups in my area. The nearest is over an hour away. I'm on Cambridge anyway just about but really feel the real councelling you get on LL would be of better help to me as a serial dieter who re-gains. Thanks to you all and best wishes with your plans xx

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.