gp to sign form is a nerve wracking experience..

clarins

i am a practice nurse and it is so frustrating to wait to see a Gp to get my ll form signed and then to be possibly told that you can't do it, my appt. is on WEd, so long to wait, i am feeling sick with anxiousness!!!:( i so want to start and get slim and do ll, if i don't i will cry for 1 whole week and get depressed. i wish i could sign my own form and stamp it myself, but it is not allowed or proper! i feel better now, just needed to vent.

Our LL Counsellor gave us a list of gps that would sign (privately) and think it cost about £15 - I didn't even bother asking my GP just went to the clinic, was just nice knowing the doctor was going to sign without any hassle of lectures etc and knew all about the diet. Maybe ask your counsellor if you don't mind paying a little more for the peace of mind!

I hope you get it signed, don't get why they have to make it so difficult, hopefully you'll have a really supportive GP.

You will be fine don't worry! If your GP says no then you will get an alternative from your LLC who can sign it.

All this waiting will make you more determined than ever!

yeh hun dnt worry! My gp would not sign the form and i was really upset and crying! but rang my llc and she gave me the number of a private doc(had to pay £30) but she signed it fine.....it will all work out hun dnt worry!

Does anybody wonder how many people are put off losing weight because their doctor won't sign the form? I was considering this last night because my mother decided not to bother as the doctor was wanting to charge her £45 for the priveledge of his signature!!

B x

Its a shame so many GPs are so short sighted and negative about LL when the benefits are so fantastic, I was really anxious about asking my GP and it made me feel quite ill, he wasn't at all supportive but at least he signed the forms, I too am a nurse and have had my 4 week check done by another nurse. Good Luck with your GP

i am being positive and i think that my gp will sign the form, i belong to a nice practice, newly joined, and it feels good. i just need to be patient! and then i will have to speedy gonzales my form to my llc,before it is too late.

Fingers crossed, make sure you understand the form before going in, my surgery says it was because LL was effectively wanting them to sign that they were responsible, but on reading the form, it states nothing like that. They are signing that this is your medical history, medications etc... and will change meds as is necessary. However, I think its this last part which stops them from signing.

I didn't take mine to my GP, as I wasn't sure what his response would be. I made and appointment with a practise nurse and she signed it without even asking a single question. Can't you give it to one of your colleague?

i got my form signed, my G.p just signed it and asked for no money!!!!! i am so happy, infact happy is an understatement, i am really really really happy, woop!!!! woop!!!!

next week Tuesday. but the foddpacks starts on Wed, i am so happy !! how comes you have started before and then getting your form signed after?? this is to minim

Back