Grüezi, Bonjour, Hello

Hi

My name is Charlotte and I live in Zürich, Switzerland. I have just started the Slimming World plan in order to get in shape for my Summer holidays. I have followed the plan in the past, and it has been successful and I am pretty well up to speed again on all the info (so I haven't joined Slimming World online - naughty girl!!!):copon:

Anyways, I have joined this forum, mainly to get recipie ideas. Although here in Switzerland many of the products are more difficult to get hold of, or are not available (e.g. Fry light), I am improvising.

As you can see I am a rambler (in the verbal sense - not the sporty sense!)

But it's good to find some place that we can share recipies and support.:)

Charlotte

Hi chick and welcome to the forum...I am a bypasser but here to offer support to anyone...is there no one in england that can purchase the hard to come by items and post them out to you?....if there is anything you need and cannot get it over there I will post it to you as long as you cover the costs as I know sometimes not having the right things can knock you off your stride so to speak lol..xx

Hi Charliegirl, thanks for the warm welcome. My husby travels to the UK quite a bit on business, so he can always pick up stuff on his trips.... I have however, learned to adapt the plan, especially as we now have a wider range of Weight watchers products and very low fat quark, very low fat blanc battu (fromage frais) and very low fat yoghurts, which is the main thing for me. Thank you for the offer of shipping items, though. I may take you up on that if I become desperate, and yes, I can transfer money to your account or write you a check to cover all the costs.

However, I won't be asking for Scan Bran! Can't abide the stuff ;)

I have just been looking through the forum, and discovered that tinned macaroni cheese is no longer free :sigh: .... Whilst I cannot get this here, I used to use it as a fab cheese sauce (free on a green day) by adding skimmed milk from allowance or water and sticking it in the blender. It was fab in veg lasagne and quornsakka. Still, I will have to make bechemal sauce from scratch and count the flour as sys now :)

I am also looking for a coleslaw recipie. I have looked in the recipie section, but can't find it :( Wonder if anyone could poss post a link for me, please?

I have a number of fabbie recipies that I will add to the forum when I have more time, including one of my favourites, virtually syn free singapore noodles (syn free only on a green day).

Is there anywhere where I can get hold of the Branded food booklet - I seem to have misplaced mine over the millions of years - and it was probably completely out of date anyway!

Thanks a millon :)

Hi Charlotte and welcome to the minimins board.

Back