Grandfather gets go-ahead for op after shedding 11 stone

Minimin

Wants to Maintain Gd!!
Grandfather gets go-ahead for op after shedding 11 stone

A NAILSEA grandfather who lost more than 11 stone has had the news he had been hoping for.
Doctors have told Idris Lewis he can now have a vital heart operation after dropping from 26st 12lb, which he weighed in January this year, to 15st 10lb.
The 69-year-old suffers fro a lung condition and it was during a scan 18 months ago that doctors noticed a problem with a heart valve.
He was told he needed to lose weight to have an operation and that if he didn't have it then he could die within a year.
Mr Lewis embarked on a diet of only Highland Spring mineral water and nutrient powder called Lipotrim.

He reached his target weight of less than 100 kilos a week early when he attended GP Pharmacy Care in Nailsea High Street, where pharmacist David Shallcross had prescribed the diet.
Mr Lewis said: "It was a great surprise to see I had reached my target weight because it is a week early and I have no intention of letting myself or my surgeon down."
The retire civil servant, was given £50 M&S vouchers by the pharmacy team to put towards buying new clothes to fit him after shedding 11st 2lb in just over six months.
He last ate a meal on January 25, when he enjoyed two pieces of toast and marmalade, a bowl of cornflakes and a cup of tea.
But next week he starts a recovery diet that will allow him to eat skinless chicken, white fish and vegetables.
"The diet will increase and start to include low amounts of carbohydrate as well.
Mr Lewis said: "What will be really wonderful is being able to sit down with my family and have a proper meal.
"I would love to have fish and chips, mushy peas, bread and butter and a cup of tea but know if I do that it would ruin all my hard work so I won't."

Grandfather Idris Lewis gets go-ahead for op after shedding 11 stone

I'm pleased for him mins.

Back