Grandfather noticed...

rainbow brite

~Starsprinkled~
I got a phone call from my grandmother earlier to tell me that in the car on the way back from the airport (we saw my sister off back to Gibraltar this morning) my grandfather told her that I've definitely lost weight.

This is itself doesn't sound that great but coming from him, a man of very few words and even fewer compliments, it meant a lot. He did follow it up with a warning that she needs to keep an eye on me to ensure that I don't develop bulimia though... wtf?!

Anyway, I just thought it was very sweet of him, even if it did take almost 3 stone for him to notice lol!

~Gem x

thats fab it makes it all seem worthwhile when someone notices and compliments esp when you know if its not something they usually say they really mean it he sounds a bit like my mum who has the knak to give a compliment and take it strai bak the bulmia thing a classic well done you heres to another wk x

I got a phone call from my grandmother earlier to tell me that in the car on the way back from the airport (we saw my sister off back to Gibraltar this morning) my grandfather told her that I've definitely lost weight.

This is itself doesn't sound that great but coming from him, a man of very few words and even fewer compliments, it meant a lot. He did follow it up with a warning that she needs to keep an eye on me to ensure that I don't develop bulimia though... wtf?!

Anyway, I just thought it was very sweet of him, even if it did take almost 3 stone for him to notice lol!

~Gem x

That must have made you're day hearing this..Good for you :)

My mum came around the other day and said that when I went to there's to watch the footy last week after I left my dad got very excited and happy that he could tell I was losing weight, I was so happy as I know my Dad is so so worried about my weight so is the rest of my family but my Dad has worried so much in the past he has always said that he is scared to death that one of his children could possibly die before he does, And at one point that was so true as I was close to 32 stones 3 years ago..So I think he is so relieved now and that makes me happy to :):)

It's a great feeling when people start noticing :p

Bet you're made up hun x

Thanks sweeties. Yeah, it definitely gave me a bit of a much needed boost today :)

Gemma, bless the older generation! I was nice that he noticed though.

I had a compliment at the last barbeque I went to when the husband of the couple hosting it told me I was looking good. I don't know why it meant so much, just that he was a bloke I suppose and I really didn't think he noticed or cared! Helped that he was nice looking!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

x

Back