Grapes and banana

Hi All

Was just curious how people find grapes and banana, does it slow weight loss? Are they superfree or free?

They are my favourite fruits but but sure if I'm having too many!

grapes and bananas are free but not speed. I no longer eat grapes because of the sugar but have at least 2 bananas a day. I am struggling but don`t really believe it is the bananas.

What do you think?

They aren't classed as super/ free any more, only speed or free. Both of which are just free foods.

I eat both, bananas more often than grapes and don't find they slow my losses at all. I find a banana is a good go to fruit for a quick boost on the go.

I eat about a third of a banana on toast and am not tempted to have more but demolish a bunch of grapes in no time so don't buy them. I suspect that two or three bananas a day would be too many. Neither are filling enough on their own for me to use them as part of my 2/3 free food on a regular basis.

Not sure what you mean by 2/3rd free food.? On your plate 1/3rd should be speed foods. A banana is just a free food.

Am I making sense?

I find grapes more ish so must only take a small bunch to work and not the whole punnet otherwise they don't last more than a day! Oops!

What are the best fruits to eat? (pretty much anything else?!)

Berries are best - raspberries and strawberries. They used to be marked as speed as well as super free.

nanny Doreen - yes they are part of the free section of the plate where I usually put meat, eggs, rice, potatoes or pasta. Not sure grapes would be quite the same! Maybe as part of a fruit salad :)

Last edited:
Frozen grapes are are great snack and take longer to eat.

Nettee;7855020[COLOR=#FF0000 said:
I eat about a third of a banana on toast

Just curious... what happens to the rest of the banana?!

I have 1 or 2 bananas each day, usually one with breakfast and the other as a mid afternoon snack, and I also did this when I was losing. As for grapes, I won't buy a large punnet because I just pick at them until they're gone. Some people do tend to demonise bananas and grapes which is a shame, because they're a free food!

Just curious... what happens to the rest of the banana?!

I put it back in the fruit bowl for the next day or the children eat it. An open banana lasts for a day or two.

Back