GrassFedLauren's Paleo Diary

Hello fellow Paleoers/Primals! I’ve been lurking for a while and all your wonderful diaries have inspired me to start my own. :)

I’ve been on and off Paleo for about 8 months. It all started about a year ago when I decided to get fit and lose weight. I took up running and found that I loved it and started swimming again (I was a competitive swimmer in my teens), with the odd bit of cycling, kettlebells and hill walking.

I managed to lose a stone through exercise and counting calories with MFP but I found it a drag to weigh food and I was getting obsessed and always felt hungry.

I looked into alternatives and stumbled across Paleo. The main thing that attracted me to it was there’s no calorie counting, woohoo! Just lots of veggies, meat, fruit, nuts, and healthy fats.

In October 2012 me and my OH decided to jump straight in and cleared the cupboards of all the crap and did a Whole 30. It was challenging but we did it and stuck to Paleo for the next few months and felt amazing.

I’d lost another stone by Christmas but then my OH went to study abroad in January and I fell off the wagon spectacularly. Without someone to keep me accountable all the rubbish started to creep back in and I became lazy.

I went to visit my OH last week and was amazed by how well he is doing. He’s still eating mostly Paleo and joined Crossfit. Plus he’s lost a whopping 4 stone in total since switching to Paleo!

I on the other hand have put on a stone since New Year, so annoyed at myself :( My OH is back at the end of May and I want to get focused again. I’m training for a 10k in a few weeks so now is the perfect time to get my diet back on track.

I’m hoping this diary will keep my accountable and give me the encouragement I need to be a Paleo girl again.

02-05-2013

I started yesterday so here's what I ate.

Breakfast – Not much of a breakfast person, had an apple, handful of cashews and black coffee when I got to work.

Lunch – Butternut squash soup & steamed veggies (carrots & green beans) and some sliced beef.

Dinner – Leftover chicken casserole with sweet potato chips and rocket/tomato/anchovy salad.

Exercise - 10k run

Some photos of my meals...

LUNCH

vbl3GYh.jpg

DINNER

yMRFRAi.jpg

Last edited:
03-05-2013

Thanks Pat!

It's Friday at last. My bus was 45mins late after work today so I was starving when I finally got home. Stuck to what I had planned to make for dinner even though it took a bit of effort...an achievement for me since it's tempting to take the lazy option and stick a frozen pizza in the oven.

Breakfast - hard boiled egg, kiwi fruit, cashews and green tea

Lunch - More leftover chicken casserole and half an avocado

Dinner - mexican ground pork, avocado, broccoli and grilled toms and mushrooms

DINNER

ITroWGP.jpg

I'm going to my friend's house tomorrow night for dinner and not sure what's on the menu so will probably have to go a bit off plan (maybe a few red wines too)...hey ho it can be the "20" of my 80/20 approach.

Back