Gravy

mr_boony

I'm using oxo stock cubes as gravy as the book says they are free (saves on syns!!) but if I use a cube for each meal (twice a day) would it then have to be synned?

Also sprouts, in the book they just have f next to them would they count as the 1/3 sf food? Love sprouts!!! Plate of sprouts smothered in gravy mmmmmm!!!!

Just to double check!!!

Thanks!!!

oxo cubes are free, however any gravy granules etc are not and have syn values.

All fruit and veg are superfree foods, apart from sweetcorn, peas and parnsips, and obviously potatoes. Avocados are synned.

The F stands for high in fibre or FF means extra high in fibre.

Free means free, so there's no limit - although if you are planning on using a lot of stock cubes, just for other health reasons keep an eye on your salt intake as they tend to have a very high salt content, you can get lower salt versions of some brands.

Sprouts are superfree (its nothing to do with the letter F - if you've found it in your book you should see its on the "superfree foods" pages). The F just means it has a good fibre content - always good to have.

With vegetables, its easier to remember which arent superfree, on that basis the rest are! Those that are NOT superfree are peas, sweetcorn, potatoes and parsnips (those are the most common ones anyway)

Thank u!

I'm not fussed whether it's gravy granules or stock cube just something to smother veggies in to make them tastier! And if stock cubes are free then bonus!!

I don't suppose if anyone knows the syns in morrisons healthy range sausages? I was told they were free but on here someone said they are synned?

Thanks!

Back