Great North Run - Cambridge & DiabetesUK

Very happy yes :D
I've just gone online and checked my time - I was apparently 35221st (so at least 15000 more people behind me :eek:) and finished in 3hrs 3mins.

Now that may seem a trifle slow when most people I know seem to do 2hrs and a bit...(OH did 2hrs 14 :D) but I basically fast walked 85% today. My training has been a bit hit and miss, so too match the time from last year - when I did do mostly jogging! - I am impressed with myself!

Although my mother laughed at me when i hobbled back into the house half an hour ago! gonna go run a hot bath methinks.

Many thanks to everyone that supported us, especially those that kept me going with "go debs" text through the day - trust me, they helped heaps!!

so next year, whose gonna keep me company... It'd be nice to have someone to chat with!

:D Well done, at least you can chill out from the training now, my running days are over, i did the Berlin 25km and a half marathon in my younger days when i was 21, im 42 next week so it was over half a lifetime ago, im built for comfort not speed :p

I've just gone online and checked my time - I was apparently 35221st (so at least 15000 more people behind me :eek:) and finished in 3hrs 3mins.

Now that may seem a trifle slow when most people I know seem to do 2hrs and a bit...(OH did 2hrs 14 :D) but I basically fast walked 85% today. My training has been a bit hit and miss, so too match the time from last year - when I did do mostly jogging! - I am impressed with myself!

Although my mother laughed at me when i hobbled back into the house half an hour ago! gonna go run a hot bath methinks.

Many thanks to everyone that supported us, especially those that kept me going with "go debs" text through the day - trust me, they helped heaps!!

so next year, whose gonna keep me company... It'd be nice to have someone to chat with!

Hey how did it go mate???

I am doing it next year!!!...so gonna train hard now ....i am aiming for 2hrs 30mins :D

Hey how did it go mate???

I am doing it next year!!!...so gonna train hard now ....i am aiming for 2hrs 30mins :D

You have to do it!! Its brilliant fun, such a good atmosphere. And 2.5hrs... you'll do that easily! I just saw your username and you're a fitness instructor :eek: I wish I could get a PT up here.... rural villages aren't exactly flooded with options :(

I need to NOT stop the 'training' over the winter and I might have a chance of running at least 70% next year... yes, I've already said I'll join the team again... 3rd time lucky for getting under 3hrs I reckon :rolleyes:

Debbie.. you did great... Its such a fun day isnt it... London Marathon next? :D

err, too hardcore for me!!
we are looking at doing some other races next year... apparently... My OH thinks I need a challenge to keep me going :rolleyes:

everyone needs a challenge eh?

great to meet you and OH over the weekend - thanks for semi-adopting me (a stray is never a good thing eh?)

great bus journey back to drop off point eh?

3 hrs 20mins or so to do 15 miles - I got home (169 miles) in less time thanks to kind constabulary of various counties having better things to do than check for rapid but sore runners in cars.

I just checked my time and you can let OH know his runners timepiece is a thing of precision as it was spot on - 2hrs 22mins 51 secs. I'll be after him next time - those 8 mins are easy meat LOL

seriously though - great day - frostbite and suntan at same time - and the HILLS!!!!!!!!! made fantastic by the good company. Hope you enjoyed your very healthy food on return to Hartlepool - I know I did ;-)

You have to do it!! Its brilliant fun, such a good atmosphere. And 2.5hrs... you'll do that easily! I just saw your username and you're a fitness instructor :eek: I wish I could get a PT up here.... rural villages aren't exactly flooded with options :(

I need to NOT stop the 'training' over the winter and I might have a chance of running at least 70% next year... yes, I've already said I'll join the team again... 3rd time lucky for getting under 3hrs I reckon :rolleyes:

Running is not one of my strong points, i do enough just to get through my training...but i am doing it for a special little girl...that should spur me on ;)

everyone needs a challenge eh?

great to meet you and OH over the weekend - thanks for semi-adopting me (a stray is never a good thing eh?)

great bus journey back to drop off point eh?

3 hrs 20mins or so to do 15 miles - I got home (169 miles) in less time thanks to kind constabulary of various counties having better things to do than check for rapid but sore runners in cars.

I just checked my time and you can let OH know his runners timepiece is a thing of precision as it was spot on - 2hrs 22mins 51 secs. I'll be after him next time - those 8 mins are easy meat LOL

seriously though - great day - frostbite and suntan at same time - and the HILLS!!!!!!!!! made fantastic by the good company. Hope you enjoyed your very healthy food on return to Hartlepool - I know I did ;-)

He says you're on! you'll have to catch him first..... he reckons on breaking two hours next year, says he'll have plenty in the tank this time!!

He says you're on! you'll have to catch him first..... he reckons on breaking two hours next year, says he'll have plenty in the tank this time!!

Thats what they all say!

AND he's a lean mean running machine - so its clear I gotta find 23 mins from somewhere then! (now THAT is a challenge :eek:)

Well done hun:) I'm deffered to next year so I'll be happy to keep you company then:D

xxxxxx

Well done hun:) I'm deffered to next year so I'll be happy to keep you company then:D

xxxxxx

I am going to hold you to that next year!!
And remind you about every few weeks :rolleyes:

By the way.... ian will be in touch ;)

Back