A request- half marathon!!

Discussion in 'Weight Watchers - Off Topic' started by ~Crooked Smile~, 5 July 2011 Social URL.

1. ~Crooked Smile~

~Crooked Smile~ Silver Member

Start Weight:
    13st3lb
    Current Weight:
    9st13lb
    Lost(%):
    3st4lb(24.86%)
    Diet:
    Weight Watchers
    Hi all,
    As i may have mentioned, I am doing a number of runs this summer. I have already completed a few 10ks, and in the next few months I will be running the Great North 10k (which is in less than two weeks!!) and the Great Scottish Run (and who knows what else if I get the opportunity!). All of my running will then culminate in the Great North Run Half-Marathon. I am super excited to be able to do this, especially since they told me after my knee surgery that I probably wouldn't run again!

Anyway the reason I am posting is that I am not just doing this for the fun of it. I am running to raise money for Bowel Cancer UK, in memory of my late Grandad. This is a charity that does great work, and means a lot to me and my family. And so I am sending out this request- even if you can only spare £1 (less than the price of a pint don't ya know!) I would be super grateful if you could sponsor me :) Photos of me gurning and purple in the face while running available on request ;)

Here is the website: www.justgiving.com/nomesrunning

Thanks in advance guys :) xxx

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.