Great start. Not!

LynneW

Well I was all enthusiastic, geared up, ready to go etc etc. For breakfast I had a vanilla shake. YUK! Never mind, someone told me that it tasted better warm with coffee as a latte so decided to try that for lunch. Double YUK! Couldn't drink it, it went straight down the sink! Now, not too big a deal as I'm hoping the chemist will exchange the unused ones, but of course now I'm a meal down. So I had ryvitas and cheese. Logic told me that it was at least lowish in carbs with ryvitas being 6ish each and cheese almost nil, and at least now theres no cheese in the house left to tempt me, and at least it's early in the week, rather than slipping later on nearer to weigh day, and actually it's eaten now so nothing I could do about it now any way! Or am I just kidding myself?
I feel bad slipping so early on, but at least it was a considered slip!
Going to ask about changing the vanilla tomorrow, once I've tried the other 3. Please tell me they taste better, even tasting of nothing would be better ;)

Bad times!!!

I prefer the chocolate one with icey cold water....the vanilla is defo an aquired taste like!

The soup....er...just no.

Don't worry about eating, you are only on day one, but try and stay strong cos the first few days will be really hard.. I couldn't stand vanilla, but don't mind strawberry and chocolate. That's not to say they taste nice, but they do get more bearable!! I used to make mine with crushed ice so it was the consistency of a slush puppie (nowhere near the taste of one though!! lol), but now i can't be bothered with all that faffing round, so i just use water as cold as i can get it and gulp it down as fast as i can. I have never tried the crapjacks but opinion on them seems divided, some like them and others hate them... Unfortunately you really need to find something you can at least tolerate, if not actually like, because there is no real alternative on this diet.. Hope you find a way that works for you x x

I really like all the shakes! Not tried soup or flapjack yet.

Just start again tomorrow, that's all you can do really ;)

Thank you :)
I remembered from last time that there was one I didn't like, hopefully it was the vanilla lol. Just had the chicken soup which was just about 'edible'. I assume that they are purposely made to taste not great so that we don't have a whole days allowance for breakfast. As it is we have to be desperate before we have one lol

Hi Lynne, don't worry too much about the Vanilla, it is an aquired taste.
My first week I only had Chocolate and Vanilla as I've never liked artificial strawberry. It worked quite well but I got very bored, now I only get one or two vanilla and use it in my tea as a milk replacement.
The crapjacks as Su so rightly put it take ALOT to get down. The peanut ones in my opinion were fine as I missed peanut butter, but the coconut ones, oh my goodness. I had to smear it with marg to get it to go down.
Don't worry about falling off, we're all human and it's just something that happens.
If you don't like the taste, I always find using more water helps.
xxxxx

I don't have the soups and can only drink the shakes cold. I fill a 2L water bottle and put it in the fridge to make up my shakes with. I love the vanilla with coffee (cold) in it, and didn't used to like vanilla plain, but past couple of days I've had it plain and it was okay! Maybe an acquired taste. Never been keen on strawberry, but used to tolerate it. This morning though it made me gag. Never had that with any of the shakes before! Hoping it does't happen again. Choc is okay, and sometimes like it made into a paste. I like the peanut crapjack, but not the coconut.

Think the whole diet is an acquired taste if honest and you've sort of got to treat it like medicine, rather than meals to be enjoyed - get it down and forget about it - as best you can. Good luck xx

Yeah I like to choc, but find the chicken soup great for work, it takes ages to eat too! Someone posted once a great idea, they made peppermint tea, and left it in the fridge overnight and in the morning used it to make a minty choc shake, sounds delish!

I have two minty choc cold shakes and then a soup in the evening...

Delicious xc

Back