Green and red days, what works best for you ?? any tips apreciated

gonnagetskinny20

Silver Member
:p hi everyone well ive been at slimming world 3 weeks and ive lost 10 pound and have been doing mostly red, my friends have lost 13 and they have been doing lots of green days i just wondered which plan works best for people so i can get a good idea of what to do......i want to lose weight quite quickly up until may (when i go on holiday) and then slow it down to 1-2 pound a week until goal so i dont put it back on.......Any1 got any quick weight loss tips??

thankyou love you all xxxx

Well i am coming up to my 4th wi next Wed and lost 7lb first week with Extra Easy. But i have found a mixture of green and red work well for me.

how much have you lost 2 date ??

Its only been my first week but im doing mainly red days but but having lots of healthy stirfrys and using the meat as HE but everyone is different, I have a very slow metabolisom husband has very high :sigh: but have lost 5lb in first week so far

i lost 4.5 in my first week but i think i am doing something wrong :S maybe having to big a portion of potatoes in my he or having too many yogurts..... hmmmmm

thankyou very much, thats what i need.. i get a bit disheartened and i know its silly but my friends are losing more... oh well ill get there in the end im giving myself a year to get to a comfortable weight

your doing great, 10lb in 3weeks is fantastic.

don't keep comparing yourself to other people, everyone loses differently, they may slow right down soon and you sail straight past!

I mainly do green days for 1st 3 days of week and then rest of week red, i find that i get bloated on too many carbs. Lots of people at group do it other way round or only green or only red so you really got to try and see whats best for you, try doing it different each week for next few and then you should be able to work out what works best for you:)

If you set your goals too high you will soon become disappointed and then the risk of falling off plan is possible. You should really only expect to lose 1 -2lbs a week and anything else is a bonus. Be pleased with what you have done and it obviously suits you so I would carry on and most of all enjoy the plan :)

I have just had my second weigh in. In the past I have stuck to red days, this time I have done all green and used HEX for my meat.
Last week I lost 5 lb, this week 3 1/2 lb.

I don't think I could do EE as I skip breakfast alot of the time, then have fruit mid morning. I know I should not do this, but I physically cannot face food until I have been up for a few hours.................mind you, I could eat chocolate ANY time of the day!

You shouldn't compare yourself to others as all our bodies function differently.

Likewise you mustn't set your targets too high. Your body can't cope with a big weightloss every week. You'll end up tired and lethargic and will give up.

The best plan to follow is the one which contains the food that you enjoy the most. If you like your proteins but aren't too fussed about carbs then follow the red plan. The moment you start making yourself eat foods you don't particularly want to is when the plan stops working for you. You will get cheesed off and give up.

I agree with the others Huni. Your weight loss journey will be different to anyone else's, as your body will react to things differently.
10lbs in 3 weeks works out to be an average loss of just over 3lbs a week!! That is amazing!!!
The average is normally 1-2lbs, so you are doing brilliantly!

Back