Green Beans

jadeelizabeth

becoming a happier, healthier me
Can anyone advise on how to cook green beans please? I don't have a steamer? Would like to serve them with fish tonight but I have never cooked them before. Thanks!

Boil up some salted water in a saucepan, add the beans & cook for approx 3-5 minutes, depending whether you like them al dente/crunchy or not. If you like them well cooked just cook them for a bit longer.

If you buy the ones in a packet pierce holes in the pack pop the pack in a bowl pour a tablespoon of water over the pack and microwave 3.5 mins drain before serving. (also use this for sugar snap peas).

Didn't want to start a whole new thread but wondering if someone can tell me - are green beans free or superfree? I'm at work doing y'days food diary so can't look in my book.

Thanks!

Didn't want to start a whole new thread but wondering if someone can tell me - are green beans free or superfree? I'm at work doing y'days food diary so can't look in my book.

Thanks!

I believe there are superfree! :)

Brilliant, thank you! I made me and my lovely boyfriend a delicious and very SW friendly meal of steak (quorn for me) with red onion and mascarpone sauce with roasted new potatoes, grilled mushrooms and grean beans, and it was bloody lovey.

Back