• Upgrades have been completed! Including conversations, 😁😎🏀⚾⚽ Emojis and more.. Read more

Green Tea Slimming world

I'm not sure about it speeding up the metabolism and the science behind it, but it's packed with anti-oxidants and is free on Slimming World...so enjoy!

:)

Yes it's meant to be very good for you as it's so high in anti-oxidants, supposedly it does speed up your metabolism and help you burn more calories, but that has not been proven. Still it is a great hot beverage and very nice. I tend to have a cup a day.

kae

gunna be a fatty for ever
how does it taste? Has any one else tried this and does it work? lol xxxx

It takes a bit to get used to if you are used to drinking tea with milk. I have never had sugar or sweetner in my tea so I'm quite used to the slight bitter taste, but I suppose if you are used to sugar/sweetner it'll be more of a change for you. It is very refreshing, just don't make it too strong else it'll ruin the flavour. As for it working, I don't know, but it's nice to have a cup in the evening and no cals lol ;)

Can't say if it helped me lose weight, but I love it and have 2 to 3 large mugs a day. :)

I find it has slight appetite supressing properties. If I have a cup mid-morning, I often don't start feeling hungry for my lunch until around 1pm, or later. Usually my tum is screaming at 12 on the dot!

Pinkdiamond

Is it nearly October yet?
Hi there, yes it does have a thermogenic affect on the body. By raising internal temp it increases your metabolic rate, green tea extract is included in most fat burning supplements. I take it in tablet form, 630mg. I work out lots and have been finding that since I've started taking it(9 weeks or so) I have started to get visable muscle definition, which means I'm cutting fat. It's def worth taking,my personal trainer swears by it. Although he drinks it. I find it easier to take it in tab form hope that helps.

Last edited:
Yucky taste! Wish i liked it
Have you tried the flavoured ones? I hate tea with a passion usually, but weaned myself onto green tea with the Twinings flavoured bags. Pinepple and grapefruit green tea flavour is my fave. Cranberry also lovely.

Or you could have the green tea with lemon, that is nice and very refreshing too! They do so many different types lol.

I love green tea! :)
I drink about 6 cups of it a day, using the same tea bag twice so its not as strong the 2nd time round. in my first week I lost 1 stone and 8 in my 2nd week, so I guess it may have something to do with that.Clipper do an organic green tea, its not as strong in taste, but has the same effect :)

I drink about 6 cups of it a day, using the same tea bag twice so its not as strong the 2nd time round.
LOL, so do I, the people here think it's because I'm tight. LMAO

I alwsy pop a slice of lemon or tsp lemon jiuce in it and its nice to drink. You can buy GT with lemon too......

L x

LOL, another green meanie then. :D

Yep Jim! Although I prefer to think of it as being non-wasteful ;) I hate seeing anything wasted (especially food - hmm, how did I end up a fatty?!) so it makes perfect sense to re-use a green tea bag that's still got lots of taste and goodness in the tealeaves :D

That's my excuse and I'm sticking to it. LOL.

Ha lol I use mine twice too, only green tea ones tho being as you don't make it strong. I wouldn't reuse a normal tea one tho as nothing left by the time I've used it, like strong tea lol!

Just tried green tea with jasmine and it's GORGEOUS!!! I used to drink jasmine tea at one time so thought I'd like this, and I wasn't wrong. Highly recommend it ;)