Green Tea

Ellie65

Silver Member
Has anyone got any info on Green tea? Is it any good in boosting your weight loss?

Anyone??????????????

I love green tea, I don't know if it does help weight loss or not, some say it does but I don't think it's been proven. But I love to have a couple cups a day, especially like the one with Jasmine. It does have other health benefits because (like all tea) has antioxidants in it, it also counts towards your fluid intake and best of all has no calories :D

Thanks for that Stirky, Ive only just started to drink a couple of cups a day, its a bit ruff though I must say

hey ellie!!

i have grean tea!! i looked it up on the internet and it says you need to drink at least 4 cups per day and it will help assist you in your weight loss. Aparrantly u burn 80 cals extra a day by drinking it! 80 cals may not seem a lot but it all counts towards your weight loss at the end of the month!

Im not sure if this info has been proven but its really good for water retention too and gets rid of lots of toxins in your body!! And like stirky has said its calorie free sooo drink up!!

luv katie
xxx

Why, thank you Kae been on 2 cups a day will go to 4 now:sigh::sigh: anyfing to get rid of some of this water retention!!

Another question is Twinings green tea ok? When I researched green tea I noticed that there are loads of companies selling Green tea and the prices vary somewhat.;)

yeah i had twinings at first but its a tad expensive!! I get mine from holland and barratt. its £1.49 for 50 tea bags where as it was £1 for 20 twinings from asda! Holland and barratt also had a buy one get one half price offer on! I dunno weather it still is so i got mine for quite a bargain! And it was organic!...whatever that means hehehe

You get used to the taste after a few cups! It actually puts me off eating if i make sure i have a cup every few hours!

haPPY drinking!!!

xxx

There are as many varieties of green tea as there are of black tea. And if you're finding it somewhat nasty it could be as simple as you leaving the tea bag in for too long. The longer you leave it, the more bitter it will get.

I find that leaving a bag of Twinings in for ten seconds is plenty. More than that and it starts getting bitter.

Also suggestions that it helps with weight loss are... well, it likely helps if it stops you drinking black tea with milk in it, because you're cutting the milk out ;)

I have read somewhere that Green Tea speeds up your metabolism
:) I drink it everyday at least 3 or 4 cups of it- hope its true!!!
Sammy x

I find that leaving a bag of Twinings in for ten seconds is plenty. More than that and it starts getting bitter.

Yes I pour the water in the mug then literally dip the tea bag in for a few seconds so you just get a nice light cup. I then will use the tea bag two or three times :D

Thanks guys on my third cup today one more to go!!!!

hey i leave it in for a few mins some times!!... I guess the one i get isnt so bad cos im a rite geek when it comes to tryin new things!!!

Yeah it does speed up ur matabolism... dont quote me but im sure its got some thing to do with the caffine in it!...... Oh an ellie forgot to tell ya i dont have it past about 5pm cos i am up all night other wise hehehe

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Oh an ellie forgot to tell ya i dont have it past about 5pm cos i am up all night other wise hehehe

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

I usually have a cup in the evening, sometimes right before bed. Doesn't make any difference to me lol! :p

hey i leave it in for a few mins some times!!... I guess the one i get isnt so bad cos im a rite geek when it comes to tryin new things!!!

Yeah it does speed up ur matabolism... dont quote me but im sure its got some thing to do with the caffine in it!...... Oh an ellie forgot to tell ya i dont have it past about 5pm cos i am up all night other wise hehehe

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Ere... I been up all night my love I was aving it as a bedtime drink lol xxxx:mad:

I usually have a cup in the evening, sometimes right before bed. Doesn't make any difference to me lol! :p

he he maybe i dont work hard enough!!!
xxx

Ere... I been up all night my love I was aving it as a bedtime drink lol xxxx:mad:

ha... sorry i dint tell u sooner!! i have to go to gym a dat hours due to OH workin and child care and i had a cup at 10pm...oooooooooh dear oh dear... i was up till about 3am:eek::eek:

xxxxxxxxxxx

I haven't tried green tea but I do like peppermint tea - do you think it has the same benefits?

apparently it does ive never tried it tho so cant comment hun!
how does it taste?

xxxx

Back