Group B Strep testing..

Sunflowers

Wants to be a yummy mummy
Hubby, as some of you know, runs a health screening company. He already has a testing kit you can buy on his website to swab for MRSA and he's thinking of adding GBS testing in too. There is a new test out (polymerase chain reaction) which is up to 94% accurate (compared to the other one being about 50% accurate) and he would be offering this as well as the older culture style test too, simply to offer a cheaper alternative to the new test as it's the one that the NHS still use..

Can I pick your brains on a few things?

Would you be interested in getting a private gbs test?

What would you be willing to pay? (For both swabs)

What search terms would you put in to google to look for somewhere you could get this done?

What information etc would you want with the test?

Anything else we need to bear in mind?

Mwah - thank you!!

Gbs is group b strep btw!

I paid for private GBS testing in my last pregnancy (didn't really know much about it in my first), I think it's awful the NHS don't offer more accurate testing for this for every pregnant woman these days.

I got the free kit sent to me, did it, wrote a cheque and sent it off - results were texted to me, then also posted out for my records. I take it you are already aware of the two places which already offer this service? Would your DH go cheaper than them to be more competitive?

I think it's a good idea!

Thanks lara! I don't know about prices but it would be comparable!

Back