Grumbly liver????

carla

Hi everyone,

Ok, since starting LL this time around I have been getting all the usual tummy rumblings, but most seem to be coming from just below my ribs, on the right. I know that this is where the liver is, and it's definitely not a transfer of sound as if i push on that area I can actually feel stuff happening.

Is this normal? I don't remember it from the last time I did the diet... any ideas?

Thanks,

Carla

Hmm, you might want to ask your doctor about that one.

I've not had anything like this, and don't want to scare/worry you, but I do know that one of the tests doctors do for an enlarged liver is to apply pressure to that area and listen for movements/a sort of "twanging" sound.

Nothing to be overly worried about, but definately worth making an appointment to find out about I think....

Oh dear, ok! I'm not very good at making doc appointments though.... especially when it could actually be a serious thing!

You have to remember you are not eating solids and there is a lot of gas build up, you are basically pusing on your intestine region so that could be the cause of the sound, i get grumbles too but not when i push on it, its a combination of gas and bowel movement i would say. So its not anything to worry about, however get an appointment booked in with the doctor to see what he says too, it will reassure you, you will have piece of mind too

Back