Guenevere's Refeed Diary

Hey Guen
Really glad you're still posting, You've done well to bring it around lovie, and your blow out is totally justified, just draw a line under it and don't even think of it, you are doing the positive thing, which is brill!
Love the picture, dress is beautiful,You must be so pleased when you look back at how far you've come!
Haven't updated my ticker yet will do in a second but I lost another 4.5 lb at Tues weigh in, and I'm refeeding this week, I'm going to follow the Lipotrim sheet to get the rest of my weight off (I hope)
I should start a wee refeeding diary too to keep track!
keep going girl you're doing great!
Take care
Janie x

WW Day 2

Hey guys,

I was off college today, and I kinda ate all day. I ate all my allowance for today, my activity points for today, and I used up 1.5 of my banked points from yesterday. Not great for habit forming, but at least I am still sticking to Weight Watchers (it is only Day 2!)

Breakfast: Maintenance Bar and tea with skimmed milk (4 points)
Snack: WW yoghurt, and grapes (1.5 points)
Lunch: homemade Hummous, crudites, small pitta, soup (5.5 points)
Snack: WW yoghurt(0.5 points)
Dinner: Cod, potato, carrots, WW cookies (5 points)
Evening: popcorn, 2 WW Caramel Bars, 2 packs WW Cookies, m&s raspberry mousse. (7.5 points).

So I ate 24.5 Points, so all of my 21 point allowance, my 2 activity points for my walking, and 1.5 of my banked points from yesterday.

Bank: 2 points

Day 3 on Weight Watchers

Hey dudes and dudettes,

Today was a much better day than yesterday. I was got a pleasant surprise this morning when I got on the scales and was -2lbs!!!!
Tho, I seem to be having less move
ment in the toilet dept. Nothing at all today. Which might not be good news for my metabolism!

I was in clinics all day, and was manning a stall during my lunch hour.

Breakfast: Maintenance Bar and tea with skimmed milk (4 points)
Lunch: Homemade houmous, carrots, cucumber, and a small wholemeal pitta bread and a WW yoghurt(3.5 Points)
Snack:Grapes (1.5 Points)
Dinner: 2 small potatoes, 3 Quorn Sausages, and brocolli. (5 Points)
I didn't manage to eat it all, so I ate my last sausage, my 2nd potato, and 3 brocolli spears after doing a couple of hours of study.
Evening: M&S Raspberry mousse, and a WW Caramel Bar. (3 Points)

I only ate 17 Points today, so I saved 4 of my basic points, plus my 2 activity Points from walking in and out.

So my Bank is up to 8 Points. YAY!!!!

I feel so happy tonight, Paul and I feel really close today, and it's great!!!!

Love Guen

HEY! loving ur posts and u look so pretty in your dress... you are amazing --- well done xox :) xox

hi, you looked really pretty in your dress, dont let that sticky toffee pudding beat you, enjoy reading your diary, keep up gud work, all best x x

Well done Guen for being so honest. Your diary is great. You know the hardest thing about LT is coming off it and deciding which plan suits you. I know from your posts while you were on LT that you did a lot of research into the various different diets for when you come off LT, its just a matter of finding which one suits you. I know WW works well for a lot of people so good for you. Keep it up girl and well done again.

Sandra

Day 4 on Weight Watchers

Thanks for the kind words guys! :)

One of the big issues for me in the past was I was very secretive about what I ate. I'd eat things in the kitchen while making tea for the rest of the people in the house, or I'd eat chocolate in my bedroom when I lived with my mum. Now I wanna be honest about what I eat. It's hard to be, especially last weekend when I did so badly, I was back to scoffing grapes from the fridge, and last Sunday I ate a biscuit while I was cooking the dinner, and while I was eating it I was listening to hear was anyone gonna see.
It's also hard to post here what you ate, because you're opening yourself up to the judgement of other people, and if someone left a really cruel message like "You're such a pig, you're going to be fat forever, and get diabetes, and a heart attack, and never have babies, and get left for a slimmer woman.." it'd be devastating. Even tho I know Mini'd kick them off the site, I'm still a bit scared of that happening.

Yesterday was another good day, which I was especially pleased about because it was a day that could easily have gone badly.

Breakfast: Maintenance bar and tea with skimmed milk (4 Points)
Lunch: Hummus, pitta, crudites, WW Yoghurt (3.5 Points)

I was having the boyfriend's parents over for dinner. But I was doing a root canal on a molar in my afternoon clinic so the evening was a bit rushed.

But then it turned out they were going to be late...an hour late...and I was starving! So I had a WW jelly, a M&S Count on us...raspberry mousse, and a WW vanilla yoghurt (2 points)

When they finally showed up, the father was drunk, and the mother so busy giving him filthy looks that she was not the best company...I nearly lost it, but I just figured that I didn't need to worry about the quality of the food I served them, as they weren't going to notice. I talked to my bf, and his brother for most of the night, just talking to his parents when his father made a drunken comment that everyone else ignored, and to the mother when she remembered that she was supposed to be talking.

I served roast chicken, boiled potatoes, roast parsnips, peas with onion, lettuce and mint, steamed asparagus, and gravy.
Everything I used was organic which means I there was less fat in the chicken, I followed Nigella Lawson's roast chicken recipe and only used the smallest amount of oil. Potatoes were boiled and not roasted. I used the smallest amount of oil on the parsnips, and only a little butter in the peas to stop burning.
I removed all the skin from the chicken before serving, I took my portion of gravy from the dish before adding the chicken jus to it, so all I was having was bisto and water. I ate mainly asparagus, and just had a little of the roasted parsnip and peas.

For desert I served them all homemade Rhubarb Crumble, with custard or ice-cream. I had some Rhubarb stewed with Splenda, and some low fat custard.

I also had a small glass of white wine, and stopped after one. (Dinner = 8.5 Points)

I had biscuits to serve with the tea, but I had a packet of my Weight Watchers Cookies (1.5 Points)

Then, when they eventually left I had a cup of tea and a WW Caramel Bar with Paul, half comiserating, half laughing. (1.5 Points)

So I ate a total of 21.5 Points, 0.5 Points over my basic allowance, and I had 2.5 activity points yesterday. So I still managed to bank 2 and my bank is up to 10 Points today. Which is good because I'm going out for dinner tonight (don't worry, I have a plan), and there's a family lunch on tomorrow (I'm still lacking a plan for that, but will have one by tomorrow).

I feel very proud of myself for doing well yesterday. I really feel like I can do this (hopefully I'll still be saying that on Sunday night!)

I got on the scales this morning, and it's down again to 157.7, so that's down 4.5lbs since my last official WI, but I won't update my signature until Monday...probably safer that way...also I'm not going back to the pharmacy until Monday...

Have a great weekend everyone, and stay strong!

Love Guen

Day 5 on WW

I probably should be posting all this on the WW forum, but LT is my true love, and I already kinda feel that I'm cheating on LT, plus I know the people on the LT forum, and the WW forum is very odd, they don't seem to do general threads like we do, it's all diarys, and there's millions and millions of people, not like our little community at all.

Yesterday was an ok day, I didn't do great but it wasn't so bad.

I had porridge with Splenda and fresh raspberries for breakfast (I am not abandoning my Maintenance Bars, just keeping my options open) for 3.5 Points

Paul tried on his tux for the Dental Ball next weekend and it looked ridiculous on him, way too big on his new slim body, so we ended up heading into the city to get him a new one. That took ages, because the mammy rang me while he was in the shop, and by the time I got off the phone and got back into the shop the sales assistant had almost talked him into getting one that was too short, so we had to start over. Demon Girlfriend from hell to the rescue, again! Then we had to go food shopping, and at this stage I was really hungry, and there was chocolate, cakes and christmas stuff everywhere, but I resisted, and bought a Weight Watchers Yogurt Smoothie for just 1 Point

Came home and had my lunch of my favourite sun dried tomato humous, crudites, pitta, and a WW toffee yogurt (3.5 Points)

It kind of went down hill from there tho...I was baking Mars Bar Biscuits for the family thing I'm going to today, and I have to admit, there was some pickage at the warm chocolaty, buttery rice krispiey mush. I put it down as 4.5 Points. I finally regained control and ate some grapes to fill me until the baking was finnished (1 point).

Then I went out for a meal, and because of my pickage earlier I couldn't have any wine. Paul had this lovely looking Bread with pesto, sundried tomatoes, parmesan, and pine nuts, and a big pizza with all greek foods on it, cheese, peppers, humous, tzakiki, olives etc. and fries, but I went with no starter, poached salmon fillet, steamed asparagus and carrots, and boiled baby potatoes, it was amazing, but there was a but of butter on the potatoes, which I tried to shake off before eating. No desert in the restaurant either, just some earl grey tea. I think my dinner was around 8 points.

I came home and watched an episode (or 3) of The Tudors, and I had a small Mars Bar (3.5 Points), which was amazingly filling and lucious, more so than Popcorn and a WW Caramel bar which would have been 4 points.

I gained 3 activity points yesterday, and I ate 25. So I had to use one of my banked points. Bank=9 Points.

I indulged a bit but I took it where I wanted it and didn't eat points I didn't enjoy, I have a sweet tooth and i prefer the chocolate and deserts to mains, so I guess I'll just have to work with that.

I have 30 Points for today, I don't plan on using them all, but if I do, that's ok too. They're there to be used. I will not go over 30 tho, no matter what, that is a promise to myself.

Love Guen

Day 5 and 6 on WW

Yesterday did not go as well as I planned, but it wasn't a disaster either.

Had porridge with sultanas, skimmed milk and Splenda for breakfast (3.5 Points).

Arrived at family meal to discover it was a full roast dinner...I had been hoping for salmon and salad type buffet thing...but no such luck.
So...I had roast beef, a small roast potato, some carrots, green beans, and a tiny scoop of mashed potato. I only took a teaspoon of gravy and ate triple potions of the veg cos they were just boiled. (11 Points).
I has strawberries for desert, I resisted pavalova, and mince pie. Although I did have a Mars Bar biscuit later on in the afternoon (8 Points).
I had some houmous and crudites with a pitta for tea when I got home, and a snack size Mars Bar. (6.5 Points).

So 29 Points, the most important thing is that I didn't break my promise to myself.

Today was much better. Had my 'official' weigh in on my home scales, and I'm down 3.5 lbs. :innocent0002:
I also went to the pharmacy in the afternoon and I'm down half a lb from 10 days ago!!! Go me!!

I had Maintenace bar for brekkie, lentil and vegetable stew for lunch, with grapes and a WW yoghurt. I ate an apple on the way home from college. Then smoked haddock, pasta with homemade low fat sauce, and green beans for tea. For desert I had a Options hot choc, and a pack of WW cookies.
This evening I had a tub of low fat custard, and a WW caramel bar.
That's a total of 18 Points eaten today, so I saved 3 of my basic points, plus my two activity points.
Bank=5 Points

Love Guen

Good the girl ye, you are doing really well pet keep it up. I think it's so important to write down the things that you've not eaten like that pavlova and mince pie, that is such a sign of how strong you've become, well done for resisting the temptation, then it means that you can have a treat later that you can properly count, instead of trying to guestimate slices of pavlova!
Good luck babe keep up the good work
lol Janie x

Day 7 on WW

Yesterday was NOT a good diet day!!!

I had my usual breakfast (Maintenance Bar=4 Points)
I had an apple at 11am (0.5 Point)
Lunch of hummus, pitta, crudites, and a WW yoghurt. (3.5 Points)
Grapes at 3pm (1 Point)
I then went to my Nana's for dinner (She's not my grandmother, she's the lady who minded me when my mum went to work from when I was a baby til I was 10, and I visit her every few weeks still). Nana's daughter is 36, and lost and maintained a lot of weight on Weight Watchers a few years ago, she eats a lot of the weight watchers ready meals, and that works for her. So Nana asked me what I wanted to eat and I just asked for whatever her daughter would have.
So she gave me a tin of WW chicken soup, a WW creamy chicken and mushroom pasta bake, and a tin of WW spagetti in tomato sauce!!! I have been trying really hard to also keep my meals low GIish, by only having a small amount of potato/pasta, and not eating white bread, and only eating chocolate in the evenings, and eating protein with every meal, and lots of vegetables. So the meal I got I found really upsetting, it was just all pasta!!!!!!! I ate it, and it tasted nice, but I was bloated after, and hungry 2 hours later when I got home. Oh, I also had a WW lemon cake when I was out. (Dinner=10 Points)

Because I was so hungry when I got home I ate...a pack of popcorn, a WW caramel bar, a WW yoghurt, some of Paul's ice-cream, and then quite a bit of M&S count on us...Caramel Ice cream!!!! I don't really know how much ice cream I ate, so I'm figuring I used all my Points, all my activity Points, and all my banked Points!!

I'm very mad at myself! I'm beginning to feel really limited by the WW Points, and I shouldn't! I ate 3 shakes a day for 24 weeks, and now I'm giving out because I can't eat more food!!!

The worst of it is, I'm suspected to be lactose intolerant (I suspect even though 2 doctors have confirmed that I am definitely, but I'm just not 100% convinced), and I know I can drink a little milk in tea, yoghurts are fine, and cheese is ok. But large amounts of chocolate, custard, or ice-cream will play havoc with my digestive transit!!!! So this morning I had repeated cases of the runs and had to stay home from college for fear of...well you know. I had to get another student to treat my patient!!!! What a disgrace I am! I had somehow forgotten that ice-cream did that to me!

I got up and had breakfast, and went back to bed, then got up and slept on the couch til noon, then ate lunch, and now I'm online! And I'm REALLY hungry!!!!!

Hope all ye of feeling better about yourselves!

Love Guen

Hey hun, have been thinking about your prediciment with WW and just wondered would you consider doing the Core Plan instead?? It eliminates all the sweet stuff which I know would suit me cause I can find it difficult to stop at just one thing. The girl who works with me goes to WW and everyone in her class swears by the Core Plan, its kinda like low GI I believe, and she says the weight losses have been incredible. Hope you are well anyway.

San
xx

You are doing so so well. Its so hard deciding what plan is right for yourself. You are taking in everything you eat which is half the battle. We all have a slip now and again but its all about getting back on the wagon. Fair play to you Guen. I've really enjoyed reading your diary.
Keep it going girl. I wish you all the best....:cool:

Restarting!

Hi guys,

I have been avoiding the forum through shame! I went into a downward spiral emotionally after coming off lipotrim, and things went from bad to worse, and it all came to a grand climax when I 'dropped out' of college, luckily I got things sorted and the 'drop out' only lasted 2 weeks. End result is that I gained over 2 stone of my 6st 10 lb weight loss back.

I amn't really committed to the other diets I've tried (Holford, WW) so I've decided to get back on Lipotrim and lose the rest of the weight I want to lose (Probably 4 stone). It's a really hard decision to make, my biggest problem is that I was a very public dieter and would tell anyone who cared to listen all about it, and my gain of 2 stone is very visible. I will be embarrassed when people eventually figure out I'm back on Lipotrim. Part of me also feels that I failed to maintain my weight the last time, so is there really any point trying again. 2 things are going to be different this time

1. I'm attending a counillor to work through emotional issues and
2. I have a gym buddy and am going to get into an exercise routine

If those will be enough of a change I don't know, but I'm miserable the way things are. My clothes don't fit me anymore, I'm living in about 6 outfits.

The only positive things I can think to say is that I haven't gained any weight in over a month. So I learned to Maintain in a sense, just at the wrong level.

I'm going to my pharmacy today and planning to start Week 1 on Monday (I have a conference/competition in London this weekend). I'm going to be on Lipotrim for Valentine's Day, and the big ball at the end of Feb, and my Easter break. I reckon as a rough guide I will need 12 weeks to lose 4 stone, maybe 13 or 14.

I'm going to post this on the Main LT forum too.

I feel like I've let everyone down, myself, my bf, my family, friends, and all the people who supported me on here last time on LT (and my pharmacist!?! but that might be a step too far?)

Love Guen

Hi
I know you dont know me but when i found this site i was loving your threads. You done brilliantly, I dont think you should beat yourself up about the weight gain it was probably something you had to go through. All that will power during LT is easier,(im not saying its easy coz tfr isnt easy but you know what to do when your on it) its a bit daunting to think you then have to trust yourself which must be much harder. Be proud that you havent gained all your weight back and you stopped it before you ended back to square one again. I am hoping to refeed soon and all your points hit home with me because everyone who sees the weight loss is commenting and im afraid it will come back on but it is something we all have to work on. good luck with your your fresh start and you will get it off in no time at all. Then you will know how to deal with maintenance next time. I will look out for your threads Take care:D

Guen, so glad to see you back, I was worried about ya!! Firstly...you have let NO-ONE down my girl. During the whole LT thing, you were always there to offer advice and support to everyone and that will never be forgotten. So you have put a bit back on...so what!! Look at what you have achieved even taking into account the little bit you put back on. You have recognised that you ned to take control again and that is the hardest part. I totally understand how you feel about other people and how you made your LT journey public knowledge, I did exactly t he same with the hope that people knowing would help me maintain cause I would hate to let them say " see I knew she would put it back on". Thankfully to date I have been doing ok, few pounds up here and there but have been able to gt it back down quick enough. Maintenance is soooo difficult, its the hardest part and there is no-one to really help you as you need to find the plan that suits your body the best and everyone is different. Its really a mammoth task in itself. I think a counsellor is an excellent idea to help you work through any underlying food issues. Just know that we are all here for you and going on your previous success I am sure you will be back on track in no time. If you ever and imean ever need to chat pm me and I can give you my number. Welcome back hun and good luck (although I know you don't need it x)

Oh babe, you haven't let anyone down. We are only human. I went on a bender at Christmas and put more than a stone back on in a matter of weeks! Maintaining is so hard - especially at Christmas - and it's taken me 4 weeks back on TFR to get back down.

I, too, am here if you need me and I'll happily give you my number and MSN info if you'd like it.

Good luck second time around, lets hope we have both learnt from our mistakes and keep it off this time.

xxx

Back