Gulp - surprise anniversary!

CJxxx

Hello peeps,

Well I am well into week 3 with my 3rd weigh-in looming (on Thursday) I have lost 7lbs so far (1wk - 4lb & 2wk 3lb) - which has made me very happy. On Saturday my lovely husband took me out for the day to celebrate out 11th wedding anniversary - it was all one big surprise which started with him booking the day off work without me knowing, arranging childcare for the whole day & whisking me off to London for the day.

He did admit to booking the surprises before I started the diet - so I know it would be tricky to stick to SW for the day. We started off at 'W London' - a lovely hotel in Leicester Square. Where we had an amazing Afternoon Tea. Say no more! Sandwiches, cakes, tea & a tea cocktail. Eeeeeek! The food may have been small but perfectly formed but I'm sure if was Syn-horrific!

Second treat was an a reserved table in B@1 in covent garden - 2-4-1 cocktails. Double eeeeeeeek! Then on the way to the theatre we had dinner. I did steer us in the direction of an Italian so I could have pasta which was a nodd in the direction of SW but I'm not fooling anyone!

The 3rd surprise was not food or drink related! Horah!!! We went to a teeny-tiny theatre called...wait for it...The Chocolate Box Theatre!!! Thankfully no chocolate in sight. We watched a guy called Anothony Rapp who was one of the original Broadway cast of Rent, the musical. He was fabulous - an amazing to end to an amazing day.

Anyway - I did drink too much & eat the wrong food - but we did walk miles (I stipulate no tube or bus as we had calories to burn!) and I have been straight back on the SW horse. The following day we went to Legoland and wallked loads there too. I was very good by eating a jacket pot with beans - then snacked on Cucumber sticks and l/f houmous. I have everything crossed that my lovely day doesn't ruin any of my hard work. The fingers are firmly crossed!

I now don't have anything in the diary that could cause a problem - well, until 22nd september at my father birthday party (have to drink to get through it - long story!!)

How do you all cope with parties or celebrations????

Thanks for listening!
CJxxx

Happy Anniversary! Some may not agree with me but I think on some very special occasions like that, you've just got to give the plan the elbow for the day and just get straight back on it the next day. That sounded like an absolutely fabulous treat- what a lovely OH you have! Personally I think other peoples birthdays and weddings, xmas etc are the events to flexi syn and make sensible choices. One off special events like that are really quite something and are the time to just relax and enjoy yourself. One day is not going to ruin your progress. It's when it turns into one day a week or a one off day turns into two, turns into three etc. if I were you I'd just enjoy the memory of a lovely time and bask in the glow of clearly being so treasured by your OH :)

Thank you Marshflower - it most defiantly was a 'one off' celebration & I did indeed embrace it with both arms. It was most certainly memorable day which will last longer than the calories I took on board!!

CJxxx

Thank you Marshflower - it most defiantly was a 'one off' celebration & I did indeed embrace it with both arms. It was most certainly memorable day which will last longer than the calories I took on board!!

CJxxx

Congratulations on your anniversary! What a thoughtful hubby - sounds like you had a fantastic day out. Days like that don't come often so you were wise to just relax and enjoy yourself. As you say the memories will last longer than the calories you consumed.

Back