gums??

blondie77

just wondering have anyone had problem with their teeth and gums while on this diet?

Hi Blondie,
YES i have! My teeth have felt weird, kinda sore but it's because I've noticed I'm kinda grinding them which I never did before!!? And my gums don't look the best?
I think it's just something to do with lack of chewig.
What's happening with you?

xxx

I've noticed when brushing my teeth they bleed. I must say my tongue looks pretty healthy though. Could it be a side affect of the diet?

my gums are bleeding. never did b4 the diet. i wake up each morning n they have been bleedin in the night yucky

hi yes i have had teeth and gum problems too over the past couple of weeks, not bleeding, just painful..and my teeth felt sort of sticky too? it does seems to have gone now though..thank god, i was visualising having to make a trip to the dentist!

h xx

If you have bleeding gums, you deffo have to go to your dentist, please dont ignore that!

dont really wanna put the dentist thru my smelly breath

LOL...sure the dentist has been there before....a few squirts of goldspot....you should get it changed....I didnt have teeth issue....I did loose a good bit of hair though....!! was fine after a few weeks....

cant get an appointment till nxt monday

I've not had a problem with my gums. I go to the dentist regularly and just make sure I brush my teeth and tongue well before I go so I don't knock the poor guy out with my lovely ketosis breath. He didn't mention anything about my gums. If this diet provides all the nutrients your body needs I can't understand why your gums would start to bleed when doing the diet. It does sound like a few people have had the same problem though!! Very odd!! Maybe its a coincidence (have I spelt that right!!). Hope all goes well at the dentist.:D

Hi guys your gums will bleed when you have left plaque on your teeth and gums when brushing. Chewing helps us to produce saliva which will help to wash away some plaque and so will chewing. However if not chewing!! Less plaque removal! Our gums bleed as a reaction to plaque. Get brushing guys and maybe chewing gum? xx

Hi guys your gums will bleed when you have left plaque on your teeth and gums when brushing. Chewing helps us to produce saliva which will help to wash away some plaque and so will chewing. However if not chewing!! Less plaque removal! Our gums bleed as a reaction to plaque. Get brushing guys and maybe chewing gum? xx

That makes perfect sence!!
x

Dont forget that unlessyou like the flapjacks you are not chewing too.....my teeth sometimes ached .......but once you get to maintenece and refeed your teeth will return to normal

i got gum disease! well the begining of it!! must start flossing!!! also doen to 11 st 6 wooohoooo for the weightloss boooo for the gums!

Are we allowed chewing gum, I cant rememember!!

nope i wish we were thou i miss my airwaves

I still have chewing gum, not done me any harm! I can go with out food but deffo not chewing gum! I would stop it if I was not in ketosis but it has not affected that so far - fingers crossed!

Reactions: Bea
Its about what works for you...you are haveing great lossess...well done!!

Thanks bea, yeah thats what I figure. I dont constantly chew gum, but prob have about 3/4 pieces a day, most days. The bad breath makes me feel sick and I cant impose it on others! If it came to a point when I was not losing, then I would have to consider stopping the gum, but fingers crossed it will not come to that - weigh in tomorrow....
x

Best of luck with the weigh in....let us know how you get on!!

Back