gutted....Asda Screwballs

Tracer

Hi, I've just found out that Asda Raspberry Ripple Screwballs, that are stated as 1 point each in the ww food book, are actually 3 1/2 points :cry: I have been eating one of these daily as my treat with sugar free jelly. I've emailed WW because mistakes like this in their books could lead to low weight loss's at the scales...glad I've found out the truth now....just wish I'd known alot sooner, as it might have helped me lose quicker than I have.

:( how annoying :argh: is it the most recent shopping guide you are using ?

Yes it is, I joined in March this year....I've also found that they got Pot Noodle points wrong when i first joined but fortunately i double checked them before i ate any....I'm not a happy bunny at the moment....and just wondering how many other things that I've eaten using that guide were wrongly pointed.

that is really annoying hun, i mean that is like 2pts out which is alot, I dont tend to use the shopping guide I have got one of the calculators which is fab, they have them on offer at the moment 1/2 price.

I know they are, I think i might just invest in one as I've lost confidence in the books now....trouble is it's nice to have a list of things so that the lower pointed foods jump out at you....lol
Oh well, I'm gonna have a screwball free week and hope it speeds my weight loss up.....x

aw how disappointing! WW really need to sort this out as iv seen so many posts on here lately saying the same thing on so many foods now, its not acceptable is it! especially when u have worked so hard to stick to your points to then find u could be over by 14 points at the end of a week if having one a day as a treat, thats an awful lot of exercise!!!! have u had a reply back from WW yet? xx

Theyve done that with Skinny Cow Icream's too. In the book it says there 2.5 per stick of either double mint choc chip, or triple choc chip and there both only 1.5 pts. I know its the oppersite way round but I know the undereating is just as bad as over eating somtimes isnt it?

I have the points calculator i use, but i checked on the calculator and it said 1.5 and then the book said 2.5 so i thought i was working it out wrong.

That's why i double check everything! :( i mean even when it comes to the meat portions, in the book it states roast beef 30gs 1.5 points (or something along those lines) but if you work out 30gs from the actual product it's more than that! annoying.com! :(

Hi, I've just found out that Asda Raspberry Ripple Screwballs, that are stated as 1 point each in the ww food book, are actually 3 1/2 points :cry: I have been eating one of these daily as my treat with sugar free jelly. I've emailed WW because mistakes like this in their books could lead to low weight loss's at the scales...glad I've found out the truth now....just wish I'd known alot sooner, as it might have helped me lose quicker than I have.

erm think your result of 3.5 may be wrong, just checked asda site for you and it gives.. 186cals 4.4 sat fats which is 3.5 points... HOWEVER it's per 100g :) ... and i don't think each screwball is actually 100gs :) so you need to see how many grams each screwball is and work it out from there :D ..

hopefully good news for you :) xxx

Hi, I've had no reply from WW as yet....I'm not holding my breathe to be honest.
The Screwballs cals and sat fat given are per 100g...the box contains 6 x 100ml servings. I've checked and 100ml converts into 100g so the cals and sat fat are per Screwball which I work out as 3 1/2 points. The book is very misleading...Asda only make one Raspberry Ripple Screwball. They were mentioned to me by a woman at my class so when i found them in the book I presumed they were ok to have....When errors like this are found they should send ammendments out either through the WW esource page or through the class leaders, because the 17 points a week on that one mis-pointed product must surely have hindered my weight loss.....x :cry:

has anyone found out what is correct about this?
i thought they were 1 point too,
and got a new box of them today grrrrr

WW will probably take 3-4 days to reply to your answer and will probably give you a lame excuse. It is very disgusting especially when you have paid a lot of money on the books....they're not cheap by any means. I hope they will give you a good explanation.

Good luck!!

omg-thats so bad. i mean it could be that asda have changed their ingredients therefor calories and sat fat have changed-but its unlikely. i always like to check the actual packet, as i find sometimes there lower in points as stated or higher in points. think thats a warning to us all to check the packet and dont just go by what it says in the book.

its probs asda that have changed their ingredients. Aunt bessies have been problematic with their range as i know they rereleased some of their products and the points in them skyrocketed.

omg-thats so bad. i mean it could be that asda have changed their ingredients therefor calories and sat fat have changed-but its unlikely. i always like to check the actual packet, as i find sometimes there lower in points as stated or higher in points. think thats a warning to us all to check the packet and dont just go by what it says in the book.

Very true!!!

Hi, I sent WW an email 4 weeks ago and never heard a word...not that I expected anything really. The diet is working for me but I'm not impressed with the information you get from them as a company. I've found more useful stuff on here and other sites....x

Hi, I sent WW an email 4 weeks ago and never heard a word...not that I expected anything really. The diet is working for me but I'm not impressed with the information you get from them as a company. I've found more useful stuff on here and other sites....x

They're supposed to repond to e-mails within 48hrs. I sent them an e-mail last month re: information on gluten/wheat free products. It took them 5 days to reply and the answer wasn't helpful to be honest. Their customer service skills aren't very good. I guess they can't answer the question thats why they haven't replied. Shame on you Weight Watcher!!! :mad:

if anyone does want screwballs btw, iceland ones are only 2 points :)

Back