gutted

RUTHYJ357

Gold Member
Hiya all, well ive returned to yay old faithful Slimming world.
What has actually happened is that i started the cambridge diet yesterday and well gave up this morning when i nearly smashed my car taking the kids to school. As much as i want the fast results i cant stick to it, the shakes are just vile and the soups are really nice but, and a big but, i cant stick that for another week let alone another month. Im so upset i had to give in but i opened my slimming world book up and thought i got to have some scrambled egg and 1/2 a tin of beans and it was soooooooooooooo nice.
Im 16st now and ideally want to get to ten stone.

Has anyone else been in my position b4?
Those cambridge dieters need a blooming medal!!!!!!!!

Hey! Don't be so down on yourself! You've picked yourself up and dusted yourself down. You know how SW works and it fits in with your life much better. The end result is the same just a different journey. Good luck!

Thanks

Does the same principle apply when you drink lots of water on the slimming world diet, you do lose more i remember once when i drank loads of water ....when i hit a plateau (cant spell it lol) i lost 5lbs then 4lbs.

I'm not sure it works on exactly the same principles but it would certainly help to clear toxins, make you feel fuller and help things keep moving - if you catch my drift!

What has actually happened is that i started the cambridge diet yesterday and well gave up this morning when i nearly smashed my car taking the kids to school. As much as i want the fast results i cant stick to it, the shakes are just vile and the soups are really nice but, and a big but, i cant stick that for another week let alone another month. Im so upset i had to give in but i opened my slimming world book up and thought i got to have some scrambled egg and 1/2 a tin of beans and it was soooooooooooooo nice.

Hiya Ruthie,
Please don't be too hard on yourself. I did Rosemary conley - paid the dues at the first class and never went back!!!!! Talk about feeling a failure! However, my weight has crept up and I felt so crap that I decided on the CD and am on day 6 now. Of course you will lose weight using your tried and tested method and not all methods work for everyone. You have had a rough time with your near miss and you didn't just stuff your face - you stayed focussed and ate sensibly.
Hang in there - things will get better and you will lose the weight you want to.
Best wishes
Tansyx

Ruthie

I'm with you on this one! I tries Lighter Life twice and just couldn't - it wasn't my game. I've been doing SW for a few weeks and lost half a stone in my first few weeks. I relaxed over Christmas but am now back and ready to go again. I know that this diet suits and works for me - its a way of life and a realistic challenge.

I'm sorry that CD didn't work out for you, but if you know that SW does you then you should start shrinking any day now!

LL

hey

Thanks guys for your replies, im just so fed up, i so want to try the CD but lets be truthful, its bloody awful and a sad existance and, yes, i do envy those people who can stick to it. I just cant. What the hell was i thinking! its like drinking chalk.
Well ive been good today i had a weetabix (milk from) HE.A. tin of beans with scrambled egg and i made a veg soup with potatoes in it.
Im going red tomorrow and fancy tryin the recipe chicken stuffed with a babybel and garlic wrapped in bacon yum yum yum! with loads of veg!

Ruthy xxxxxxxxxxxxx

We do... I did the Cambridge but with Slimming World I went from 16st 8.5lbs to 10st 10lbs and today I am 10st 7.5lbs!

hello ladies i just wanted to ask how does sw work

Does the same principle apply when you drink lots of water on the slimming world diet, you do lose more i remember once when i drank loads of water ....when i hit a plateau (cant spell it lol) i lost 5lbs then 4lbs.

Nope it doesnt :( Because we intake up to 2l of water through food we dont need the same massive amount of water.

It might make you feel less bloated than fizzy stuff but it wont speed up your weight loss unfortunately

You can do it Ruthy - you've done it before. We all hit a point where we find it difficult. I was really chuffed had got into the 14 stones from starting at over 18 stone in just over four months - then Ive hit a tough patch, think Im coming out of it now and will find out how much Ive put on from being two weeks off plan! But you'll get there missy - we know you will xxx

Drinking lots of water actually helps to supress your appetite and speeds up your metabolism. 2 litres a day is recommended, anymore is not going to hurt and can only do good to your body.

Drinking lots of water actually helps to supress your appetite and speeds up your metabolism. 2 litres a day is recommended, anymore is not going to hurt and can only do good to your body.

I agree I've been drinking 3litres a day and have lost 16lbs in 5 weeks.

So how ya feelin now Ruthy? x

Ruthy posted this in January.... so I'm not sure if she is back on here or not. Show your face Ruthy xxx

ah - how observant of you Lou! Dohhh! Shes been on here a bit while you've been away, but was having laptop problems xxx

Back