Gutted

Discussion in 'Slimming World' started by GymClassHero, 10 June 2009 Social URL.

1. GymClassHero

GymClassHero Silver Member

Start Weight:
    19st2lb
    Current Weight:
    11st3lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    7st13lb(41.42%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    I put on 1/2 pound at weigh in last night and im devastated!

I have done everything to the letter during the week, been to the gym 5 times doing intense cardio and weights, had 76 syns all week and been bang on plan every day.

I cant understand why this has happened - its my first gain for ages.

I'm not due on, im not retaining fluid and the only thing i have done differently is have 2 green days this week when i normally do red.

Any feedback or suggestions would really help please.

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. Sarah-Jayne

Sarah-Jayne Gold Member

Start Weight:
    14st4lb
    Current Weight:
    14st4lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Maybe you have just build some muscle? Also, (someone else game me this advise) teying having more syns? Also, I understand that SW weigh in the evening, maybe you were wearing something different? (its possible!)
    You can loose that 1/2lb easy babe, stick to it :)

4. jodidi

jodidi Silver Member

Start Weight:
    15st11.5lb
    Current Weight:
    15st11.5lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World!
    Did you take your measurements when you started? As Sarah-Jayne said you could be building muscle and therefore toning up. You could of lost some inches even though you have seen a 1/2lb gain! Also if you've just stepped up the exercise it could just be your body getting used to the change and you may see a good loss next week!

5. Chuffy_29

Chuffy_29 Bring it on!

Start Weight:
    103.19kg
    Current Weight:
    100.47kg
    Goal Weight:
    92.53kg
    Lost(%):
    2.7kg(2.64%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Yep my guess is your muscle mass has increased slightly. On the plus side muscle burns more calories whilst exercising and afterwards as well so they'll be burning all the free food and syns right now. Here's to a bumper loss this week :)

6. HellieCopter

HellieCopter Gold Member

Start Weight:
    13st2.5lb
    Current Weight:
    10st9lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st10lb
    Lost(%):
    2st7.5lb(19.24%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Grr - it's annoying isn't it! But it happens.
    I had a bit of blip when I was doing loads of running - people here, and my consultant advised me that sometimes doing loads of exercise can slow down your weight loss.

It's true that muscle does weigh more than fat and you have to work hard to gain that muscle..but it sounds like you have indeedy been working out hard...so that could be it!

People who exercise should definitely measure themselves to see a difference in what's happening, as there's more toning and firming up going on! Have you done yours?

The good thing is, with all that exercise, your body will be healthier, you'll be burning calories at a higher rate and it's all GOOD!

7. GymClassHero

GymClassHero Silver Member

Start Weight:
    19st2lb
    Current Weight:
    11st3lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    7st13lb(41.42%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    I've not done my measurements so i think i may do them tonight and go from there.

I have to train because im applying for the Fire Service so i need to ensure i have the strength there to set me in good stead for the fitness exam. I really cant sacrifice the weight training but the scales are telling me differently! :sigh:

Thanks for the advice folks - i'll do the measurements and see how i get on and hopefully the 1/2 pound will be back off next week along with a couple more :cool:

8. judimac

judimac Mad old Bat with Attitude

Start Weight:
    14st5lb
    Diet:
    WW
    Intense exercise makes the muscles retain water. 1lb of fat weighs the same as 1lb of muscle BUT the muscle takes up less space. If you get my meaning! You might even need to increase your syns as you'll be in negative equity so's to speak.

9. HellieCopter

HellieCopter Gold Member

Start Weight:
    13st2.5lb
    Current Weight:
    10st9lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st10lb
    Lost(%):
    2st7.5lb(19.24%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    That's true...you might actually need to give yourself more syns to compensate, so the body doesn't think it needs to hang onto your weight.

Keep up the training, it's so important to get that fitness test passed :D The weight will follow eventually.

10. Scarlet Daisy

Scarlet Daisy Hungry For Life

Start Weight:
    15st0lb
    Current Weight:
    10st8lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st8lb
    Lost(%):
    4st6lb(29.52%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Yeah, if you are doing that amount of exercise you might need more syns. It's scary to increase them but quite often people report eating a little more and susequently losing more weight.

Good luck with your amazing ambition! That is FAR more interesting and important than half a pound of random weight.

11. Donnie46

Donnie46 Slow but sure....

Start Weight:
    22st0lb
    Current Weight:
    19st7lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    2st7lb(11.36%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World - Green Days only.
    I'm sorry you gained ┬Żlb so annoying, maybe increase you syns a little, either way I am sure your body will compensate and you will lose again next week. X

12. Alcoholiday

Alcoholiday Full Member

Start Weight:
    16st3lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st0lb
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Doing that much exercise it sounds like you are not eating enough and your body has possibly gone into "Starvation Mode"

13. Sticky

Sticky I will succeed!!!

Start Weight:
    13st3lb
    Current Weight:
    12st8.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st8.5lb(4.59%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Hi -

I agree with the above - this will be muscle gain etc. I'm worried about this happening too for me :-/

Good luck and stay happy xx

14. charlottegrace1

charlottegrace1 Gold Member

Goal Weight:
    10st10lb
    Diet:
    SW
    I agree with all the above, with all the training you are doing it's got to be muscle. Don't worry about it, stick to plan and carry on. Good luck with the surgery XX

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.