Gym Membership costs?

LizzMB

WILL be Slim!
how much are you paying or going to be paying on gym mebership and what do you get for that price?

I only want to join a private gym (snob i know! lol) but they do seem pretty pricy...just wondered how the prices i have compare with everyone elses?

xx

I have just joined my local leisure centre gym, I get full use of the gym (which is air conditioned and well stocked) from 9am-5pm and after 2pm Weekends, can join in with any of the classes between those times, use of the sauna and steam room and also the swimming pool.... this is called offpeak membership and it costs me £32 a month, and I can cancel with a months notice, if I had of signed up for a year it would have cost me £28 a month...

I'm also a member of my local council run gym and for £17 a month, because I'm unemployed atm, I get unlimited gym time, swimming and free classes whenever I want. I don't actually use all this as much as I really should though lol.

Gyms over here are a ridiculous price

when i go back to Oz, i am joining my local gym which has a 25m pool, loads of machines, womens weights room, all classes including yoga etc included, squash and tennic courts with complementary racket hire - all for £30 a month! and i also get 2 personal training sessions a week included in that.

i think it's because australia is now the mose overweight nation in the world, they are making it more affordable to go to the gym!

i was with fitness first started off at £34 a month but the price went up £3 every so often i left when it hit £40

Highway bloody robbery

My local private gym has a one off £30 joining fee, then it's £25 a month. This gives you full access to the gym and sessions with a trainer, but any classes are extra.
I'll be joining once I get to about 15st.

The council run leasure centre is too far away from me.

Virgin Active £25 a month (have a cinema card thus gets half price membership)
Local council gym (fantastic btw) £19.60 a month as a student
Uni gym is 80p a time to use but only has 2 of each machine and very limited

I use local leisure centre £40.50 a month for gym, swimming pool, any classes i want but have to pay extra for health suite:mad:..but all other gyms involve a bus journey so better to stay closer to home than travel. but it ain't to expensive as live in central london and the gym has no contract.

jjb gym £32.95 per month peak time but I get a corporate discount because I work for the local authority. loads of machines, lovely pool, lots of classes and trainers provided in with the price

Back