Gym

Claire_Williams

Hi

Does anyone else go to the gym? If so, how much do you do while there and how long do you stay?

Someone pointed out earlier that the gym could be pushing it as I'm only having 500 calories a day! Dont want to end up out cold on the floor!

Claire xx

It's really up to you what you do. Are you starting from scratch or are you continuing with an exercise regime you've been doing for a while? That makes a difference. I wouldn't suggest lunging into gym workouts if you're just starting. Introduce exercise slowly through walking more whenever the opportunity arises. :)

You also really have to listen to your body. Don't push it to do more than it can. Some people report slower losses on the scale when they exercise more than they should - but you will still be losing fat, just not on the scale straight away (due to water retention and other factors). You may also feel rather famished after a workout, so be ready to deal with that too! :D

Personally I'm still trying to go to the gym for a minimum of an hour and a half - three times per week. But I do feel my general energy for long workouts decreasing which is worrying. However, I'm not going to push it and I try to compensate by being more active around the house, doing more housework and taking more walks.

Don't worry too much about it - after all any exercise is good! Just not too much - or you'll end up doing more harm than good. :)

I do it 5 times a week...lots of weights... 30 mins cardio and about 20 lengths... Feel totally lethargic if I don't go x

Thank-you both, back home now and am completely pooped. I am starting completely from scratch but managed 20 mins on the treadmill at 4.2mph, 2 miles on the bike, and three sets on all the weight machines on the lowest weight settings but the only way is up or down in my case from here! Emmerdale, shower then bed for me though, not even the energy for Eastenders now! x

Claire_Williams said:
Thank-you both, back home now and am completely pooped. I am starting completely from scratch but managed 20 mins on the treadmill at 4.2mph, 2 miles on the bike, and three sets on all the weight machines on the lowest weight settings but the only way is up or down in my case from here! Emmerdale, shower then bed for me though, not even the energy for Eastenders now! x

Well done.....:) good start xx

That would depend entirely on how used to exercise you already are. If you've been going to the gym prior starting the program then you should be fine continuing with it but maybe taking down the intensity a bit. Your body would be used to physical activity and should respond ok to continuing. If you're brand new to exercise I'd take it easy though.
Putting your body through a very strict diet AND giving it a lot of exercise might prove to be too much of a shock for it.

The best advice would be to listen to your body and act accordingly.
I have always been quite active therefore I could continue with my exercise throughout. I just took it a little easier and only do 20 mins circuit training and maybe some running per session and once a week I do a full 2 hour one.
It works for me but I'm at the end of my journey. There is no way I could have done it at the beginning.
Start slow and then get it up as you go along. Your body will most likely respond to that better than to having to adjust to intense training straight away!
Good luck! :)

Sent from my iPhone 4 using MiniMins

Back