Had 2nd weigh in

carrot_tit

Gold Member
Was my second weigh in tonight and i was extremely apprehensive given that i was good as gold in my first week and lost nothing! I've never lost nothing in a first week of slimming. Everyone else who started with me were losing 6+ pounds and it made me feel like a failure. Usually i'd be straight to the local pizza hut but i thought no, give it more time. So good as gold for a second week and got weighed. I'd lost 4.5lbs but i still don't feel as if i've done well. I know slow and steady wins the race and a slower weightloss is more effective in the long term so why do i feel so down?

i think its just because if u have a lot of weight to loose this feels lik a little tic tac in that, its your own brain, because before u start loosing weight i no i would of said id love to loose 4 and half lbs but when you are dieting ya dont know what to do with ur self when u do loose 4.5lbs.

celebrate the fact ur 4.5lb closer and u will get there....dont self sabotage.....congrats it really is a brill lossx

Sarah, how much have you got to lose? if you don't mind me asking, ie if you haven't much to lose, you wont lose load first week. Also if you are eating high carb foods you will be retaining lots of water which can only add to your weight.

4.5lbs in two weeks is good and definitely fat and not lean muscle. keep up the good work

Just think hun thats 9lbs in a month - that would be amazing for me! I would be very very happy! x x x

That's a good loss. Better to lose steadily than to lose a load in the first week and nothing for the next 3 or 4.

Chin up. I bet this week will be positive too.

Sharon

Sarah, how much have you got to lose? if you don't mind me asking, ie if you haven't much to lose, you wont lose load first week. Also if you are eating high carb foods you will be retaining lots of water which can only add to your weight.

4.5lbs in two weeks is good and definitely fat and not lean muscle. keep up the good work

I've got nearly 5 stone to lose so it feels like a lot. I don't think i'm eating carb heavy foods??? I've cut out bread pretty much, only eat between 50g tp 100g pots which isn't with every meal. I have a WW ready meal for lunch but i wouldn't think they were very high in carbs?

That is a really good start - well done you!! I notice you are doing the great north run - are you training a lot - if so you need to be eating enough or you body will feel deprived and cling to calories - just a query??

I've got nearly 5 stone to lose so it feels like a lot. I don't think i'm eating carb heavy foods??? I've cut out bread pretty much, only eat between 50g tp 100g pots which isn't with every meal. I have a WW ready meal for lunch but i wouldn't think they were very high in carbs?
hi hun,ive got the same as you to loosexxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Well done! 4.5 is a great loss!
I lost 6lbs in my first week but I bet I only lose a lb if that this week... you normally find everyone averages out eventually, so this time next month we'll probably have the same losses!

Good luck this week..... and be pleased about your loss!! Its great! xx

Back