Had an undeserved gain - Gutted & demotivated

wenchie

Silver Member
I was on plan 100% all last week - no tweaking, no nothing (I turned down cake and booze at TWO birthday dinners as well and ended up having a rubbishy dinner one of those nights to stay on plan. I wish I'd just had what I wanted and enjoyed it, now) and I gained half a pound.

I know, in the grand scheme of things it's not very much, but I've had weeks where I've worked hard and that's all I've lost and it just feels like a very big deal.

No one else who stayed to class had a gain and it was very upsetting to hear that several of them had had "big blowouts" and still lost. I know we're all different, but it's hard not to compare and just feel that it's very unfair.

I had the world's most rubbish blowout when I got home after weigh in (2.5 syns on sausages, 12 on an extra 2 HeBs, 6 on an extra HeA and 15 on peanuts.) and I've been on plan today, but my motivation's through the floor. What's the point if I can be on plan all week and GAIN WEIGHT and other people can play around and get away with it.

Sorry, I'm having such a whine, I'm just really very down and struggling right now. :(

Hi there, am really sorry this week has shown a small gain when you've been 100% :( it is very frustrating & it bugs me that people can 'cheat' and still get better losses (only coz I can't get away with it so offence meant to anyone :)) I STS this week and don't know why and the only advice i can give which I'm also following is keep at it and it will sort itself out! Also people suggest looking at weight loss over a month to allow for body changes x

Keep going - you can do it!!! X

Aw it's really tough isn't it. I've just had 3 weeks sts despite being 100% and the only advice I can give you is to hang in there and keep going. I'm sure you don't want to go back to your pre SW habits, so focus on how far you've come already, keep at it and you will see results. You've come this far - don't stop now!! Good luck for a more successful weigh in next week x

As miserable, and as awful as it is to gain weight when you've been on plan 100%, there is no choice but to carry on. I know it's difficult, and there are lots of ups and downs on the way, but I can't stress enough the importance of never giving up.
Put it behind you, grit your teeth and be 100% this week aswell and you'll be in the running for a good WI next week.
Things don't always go smoothly, but you'll get there in the end. Well done so far x

I had a 1/2 pound gain this week too and while I hadnt been as 100% as you I was gutted and shocked. And I too ate quite a few syns when I got back from weigh-in which I would never normally do

I'm treating it as a minor "blip" and hoping it was water retention/dodgy scales/alien invasion.

Hope you can stay on plan - we know it will work

I was on plan 100% all last week - no tweaking, no nothing (I turned down cake and booze at TWO birthday dinners as well and ended up having a rubbishy dinner one of those nights to stay on plan. I wish I'd just had what I wanted and enjoyed it, now) and I gained half a pound.

I know, in the grand scheme of things it's not very much, but I've had weeks where I've worked hard and that's all I've lost and it just feels like a very big deal.

No one else who stayed to class had a gain and it was very upsetting to hear that several of them had had "big blowouts" and still lost. I know we're all different, but it's hard not to compare and just feel that it's very unfair.

I had the world's most rubbish blowout when I got home after weigh in (2.5 syns on sausages, 12 on an extra 2 HeBs, 6 on an extra HeA and 15 on peanuts.) and I've been on plan today, but my motivation's through the floor. What's the point if I can be on plan all week and GAIN WEIGHT and other people can play around and get away with it.

Sorry, I'm having such a whine, I'm just really very down and struggling right now. :(
I so know how you feel! I have only lost 15 and half pounds in 11 weeks, been 100% on plan all that time as well. I have always lost in W I, but last week was the third time I only lost 1/2 lb! I also understand how you feel when others have had blow outs and still manage to lose 2lb or so! I wish I could lose that much! I am doing the red and green days as I am not a veg person, but am questioning whether to try ee. It would be very hard for me to do this though as I really dont like salad or veg. Love fruit though, but the thought of eating my fruit before my meal doesnt seem right somehow. Anyone got any advice where I go from here? My c told me we will see what happens the next couple of weeks, if not shift then she will have a one to one with me, and she will fast forward me!!! Wonder what that means, she is so good though and do enjoy the classes but feel if I carry on like this I will start to feel very demotivated, which isnt like me at all!

Last edited:
I remember i had a week like this when i did SW last year, i was perfectly on plan and had a STS. I was so angry and gutted - especially as my consultant at the time was insistent that i mustn't have followed the plan when i knew for sure i did. Next week it all caught up - i lost 5.5lbs, won SOTW and won the raffle lol x

My C made me feel like that too :( she was going through possible reasons and when I said no to all of them she was like 'well you have a think about it coz if you stick to plan, you lose weight, bottom line!' that made me feel great NOT!

But here's to 100% week and good losses for all :vibes:

Everything has already been said so well above, but I just wanted to give you a huge hug *hugs*

This happens every now and then, and despite knowing all the positive stuff and never giving up it is still GUTTING

Really feel for you mate, but have your moment of wallowing and then get right back on track again, because 95% of the time you get what you deserve

xxx

Funky monkey said:
My C made me feel like that too :( she was going through possible reasons and when I said no to all of them she was like 'well you have a think about it coz if you stick to plan, you lose weight, bottom line!' that made me feel great NOT!

But here's to 100% week and good losses for all :vibes:

That's not very nice of your C to say that, I put on 1/2lb after sticking to it 100% and felt absolutely gutted and pigged out when I got home, my C was great though and said there are a number of factors, I had only started Couch 2 5K a couple of weeks before that and she said it could be muscle, I had also just started my * week (didn't tell her that but could have something to do with it) and also I had done Night shifts and tend not to lose so much when I have done them even though I don't eat during the night.

Stick with it and hopefully you'll get a great loss next week x

I know where you're coming from.. I had a gain of 1 1/2 lbs last week and I'm 100% on plan.

However, I've been living my SW life for over a year and a half and recognise that occasionally I'll have unexpected/undeserved gains. Your first unexpected/undeserved gain is always a kicker... but keep on plan... the plans do work and eventually our bodies get back into line!!!

HTH!!

Thank you so much everyone - I've been having arguments in my head all day with myself, but I've just had two kiwi fruits, not the crisps so I think the better me one (I honestly am not crazy...)

Right. Was gutted, past tense *repeats until it sticks*. On it 100% this week, getting the nice fruit from M&S and beating the stupid gremlins at WI next week.

You will have a really good weigh in next week I bet!
I too have been 100% , textbook dieter but had just 1/2 off this week. Also had to listen to my SW mate tell me how she has such a boozy night saturday night that all she could do on sunday was eat!And im talking Macds and a proper Sunday roast.And did she gain? No way, she lost 1.5lbs!! Keep at it! You will have a good one next week Im sure x

Half a pound is rubbish, whether it's off or on, isn't it? But, at the end of the day, as my friend told me once, it's just 'a big poo'....:eek: You will more than likely find that you catch up next week, so stick with it and don't blow it all in anger ;)

Its crappy when it happens. Happened to me this week, my first ever week of trying to maintain- i follow the rules, add an extra B and HOLY HELL! THREE WHOLE POUNDS ON!!! But I will just stick to plan, cause it will come off eventually. Just stick with it, it works, just sometimes your body doesn't realise it's weigh in. ;)

Don't be disheartened wenchie. You've lost over 1 and a half stones since Jan which is approx double what I've lost. I just think that I would have been even heavier by now if I hadn't started SW. Mind you if I hadn't found this forum with all its support I might have given up by now as I'm only losing about a pound a week. Still better off than on. We will get there, just by the scenic route not the motorway.

Thank you - yeah, the seanic route it is and it didn't go on overnight, so... it's not like this is a quick fix kind of plan, it's just how I'm eating now.

Yes it will be better! I only lost half a pound last week and was gutted, BUT this week yipeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee 2 lbs, really made up. Mind I did do a few ee days which I havent done at all in the past! Try mixing things up a bit, it will come off eventually, keep at it, keep positive hun

Back