Had to quit

wannaloose18stone

From The Black Country
Well up until 14 weeks ago I had smoked for 22 years. The anethnatist told me I needed to quit to help me after my gastric bypass so I quit one day later and havent touched a fag since........:D

well done you !
it will help lots, im a smoker and had surgery last year to remove my gall bladder. The surgery went fine but it took a while for my lungs to recover. I had oxygen for 24hrs then a damn awful dry cough and weeze for about a week.
when did you have surgery ? bet it feels like a new life , taking control of youre weight and smoking.
keep up the good work !

My surgery was 6 weeks ago, I've been given the will to stop and stay stopped because I've been given a new life, I was virtually housebound before the op but now I'm free again. I also stopped drinking which for an Alcoholic is pretty good...........;)

oh well done hun,
now i know that is hard, my brother is an alchoholic and we are really struggling with him , well have been for a few years.
to give up smoking AND drinking, you should be so proud of yourself.
I wish you the best of health and happiness from now on, to turn youre life around like that you deserve it.
dani x

I'd like to offer my congrats, and I just want to say that you will never regret it. Giving up smoking is no easy feat! I quit on 1st March 2007 and asked God that if I were to conceive I would never smoke again as long as I lived. I still live up to that promise nearly two years later and my lovely little boy is now a healthy 10 months old. Sometimes it takes guts, and sometimes it takes faith, or maybe it takes both! x

Congratulations and well done, :clap: I gave up nearly fifteen years ago and haven't looked back since. Its definately hard but so worth it. :talk017:

just wanted to add my congratulations...i too am 4 weeks into giving up smoking for my gastric bypass on 14th january...i am using patches which i know some people (at my workplace) view as 'cheating' and those same people see a bypass as 'cheating' also...to them i say...LEAST WE ARE TRYING!!!x

just wanted to add my congratulations...i too am 4 weeks into giving up smoking for my gastric bypass on 14th january...i am using patches which i know some people (at my workplace) view as 'cheating' and those same people see a bypass as 'cheating' also...to them i say...LEAST WE ARE TRYING!!!x

Well done!:happy096:

I think it is fantastic the patches are working for you and just ignore those people who view it as cheating, guess they have no idea what it is like to be addicted to ciggies.

I will be 11 years non smoking on the January 17th:)

So very happy to be a non smoker.

Love Mini xxx

Well done!:happy096:

I think it is fantastic the patches are working for you and just ignore those people who view it as cheating, guess they have no idea what it is like to be addicted to ciggies.

I will be 11 years non smoking on the January 17th:)

So very happy to be a non smoker.

Love Mini xxx

well done to you! i must admit i did love smoking and was going to start again after op, but now i am having second thoughts...i feel so much better already x

I've had all sorts of problems, thd biggest I guess is the eating issue. Being unable to eat hardly anything for 5 months is no joke, that on top of other things has made it an increadably hard journey for me. Most people dont seem to have suffered as much as I have so it just goes to show that it's different for everyone.

oh dear... i am back on the fags...i dont know if it was the relief of the surgery being over or what? i am not so much angry with myself but do feel i have let myself down. when i told the gp he said not to worry too much, i now know i CAN do it so its not such a scary prospect when i decide to try again, and also he thinks tackling one thing at a time is prob more than enough to cope with. i am inclined to agree with him, but it dosent make me feel any better about myself x

Anyone tells me that bypass is "cheating" will get more than a mouthfull from me. These last 5 months for me have been hell.

Agreed mate, anything that help loose weight is OK in my book, I really couldn't favour 1 over the other. Atkins worked for me, but that doesn't mean it will suit everybody.

Agreed mate, anything that help loose weight is OK in my book, I really couldn't favour 1 over the other. Atkins worked for me, but that doesn't mean it will suit everybody.

Well I tried all the diets and failed..........lol. My weight problems became life threatning so the operation was my only/last option. Its far from the easy journey that some people think it is. Things are getting better for me now but its been a hard 5 months.

That's good to hear mate, I couldn't have handled stopping smoking and a diet, that's for sure. Being a Yam Yam can't help either ;)

LMAO mate, nice one.

Back