1. MiniMins members lost 144 Stone in January! Why not join in the conversation today?
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dismiss Notice

Haddock ideas?

Discussion in 'Slimming World Recipes' started by Indieflower, 17 May 2009 Social URL.

1. Indieflower

Indieflower I have my mojo

I have haddock in the freezer that I'm going to have to use over the next week. I don't know what to do with it! :confused:

The only things I can think of are breading it or a tomato based Italian sauce, neither of which I fancy :sigh:

So, has anyone else got any scrummy ideas for my Haddock that you might wish to share? :D:D

K xx

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

Register a free account with MiniMins and join in the conversation!
  3. Ossireo

Ossireo Well-Known Member

What about a Kedgeree type thing?

4. Indieflower

:confused: Kedgeree? lol

I'm away to google that! lol

Thanks xx

5. *angie*

*angie* loves food and cooking

I would have said kedgeree too -

.. or my latest favourite haddock recipe is a kedgeree risotto. Basically, make a plain risotto but with a little mild curry powder, about half way through, add some leeks, towards the end stir in the flaked, cooked haddock, some peas and when you serve it top off with a poached egg.

Either have it on green, with the fish as a HE, or on Easy it is all free of course.

6. Indieflower

Thanks Angie...I never got around to googling it so that has helped! :)

K xx

7. Cherryade

Cherryade Well-Known Member

I poached mine in some of my milk allowance the other day, I added a pinch of nutmeg and cooked it for about 6 mins (til it looked cooked) then took the fish out added some parsley and a blob of quark, mixed it about, until the parsley wilted, literally a minute and then poured the sauce over the fish and served with asparagus.

T'was lovely :) and syn free if you use milk from your allowance :)

Indieflower likes this.
  8. Indieflower

Mmmmmm....that sounds right up my street! This is what I am goign to do with it!

Thanks hun xx

9. Cherryade

Cherryade Well-Known Member

Youre welcome, I wanna go get me some now too! Ive talked myself into it haha!