Hair loss???

Yolande

Silver Member
I have been on CD for 4 months now i have lost 5 stone 7.5lbs but i have noticeced my hair is starting to fall out, i only worry cos i have very thin fine hair to begin with and i know it is a side affect of losing a large number of weight but does anyone know how long it will last for cos at this rate im gona be left bald!

My friend had hair loss and as soon as she finished the diet it all grew back, if it become noticeable maybe you could start moving up the plans a bit? Maybe even SS+ would help?

Em

Thanks its not that noticable yet but if this keeps up it will be my cdc told me to take a hair vitamin so i bought some but i wont see a difference for a few weeks with them i dont think.

Hi, my friend had the same problem after doing CD for a while. My CDC suggested she go up a plan for a couple of weeks, and it made a huge difference. I think the vitamins will help too!

Biotin from Holland and Barratt is very good. Try not to worry too much about it, new hair is right behind the hair that's already fallen out, it'll feel thinner for a while but it will thicken up again. After you've been on a VLCD for a while you hair doesn't really fall out for a few months, then lots fall out its only really the hair you'd ordinarily lost on your hairbrush over this time anyway. I hope this makes sense. But please don't worry about it, it comes back! X

"Food is not comfort if you're not comfortable!"

Biotin from Holland and Barratt is very good. Try not to worry too much about it, new hair is right behind the hair that's already fallen out, it'll feel thinner for a while but it will thicken up again. After you've been on a VLCD for a while you hair doesn't really fall out for a few months, then lots fall out its only really the hair you'd ordinarily lost on your hairbrush over this time anyway. I hope this makes sense. But please don't worry about it, it comes back! X

Ah thanks for this it has made me feel sooo much better i was really worrying =D

That makes sense surf. It's like being pregnant. Your body holds everything. Then you lose loads of hair....but it's all the hair you haven't lost naturally over x time.

Allblue said:
That makes sense surf. It's like being pregnant. Your body holds everything. Then you lose loads of hair....but it's all the hair you haven't lost naturally over x time.

Exactly, you've hit the nail on the head!!

Thanks, il try biotin. Its so nice to have support from others in this forum. I had this problem and got so scared I stopped my vlcd and moved onto CC! But it is normal according to my doc and my hair is starting to grow back now. Along with herbal capsules and scalp treatments, I'm also learning various relaxation methods and I've seen a definite improvement and lots of new, strong growth. It could be one or a combination of these things, or just that my hair growth has moved on from its resting phase onto growth but it's NOT a permanent thing xx

Back