Hair trouble on CD...

emmapetty

Going for Goal!
Hi everyone :)

I'm experiencing real issues with my hair :cry: (yep I can see all you guys rolling your eyes!)

I was very lucky to always have very thick and silky hair, but the past 6 months my hair has become dry, frizzy and very corse.

When I wash my hair I loose a lot of hair, but tbh because my hair is so thick, I haven't noticed it looking or feeling thinner at all. Which is great, but the condition of my hair unbelieveable and a real chore to put the brush through and manage. :sigh:

I have left my hair for about a year (no hair dye at all) and spent an absolute fortune on trying to get my hair soft - hair masks, conditioning treatments in the hairdressers, expensive conditioners etc...yet none of these remedies seem to work and it is driving me up the wall!

I have tried letting my hair dry naturally rather than use the hairdrier - but it dries frizzy and I end up looking like I have been dragged through a field backwards. :mad: Even my hubby has been saying I have a 'frizz head' :cry:

Does anyone else have this problem? I could really do with some help and advice on something that does actually work and work well.

One thing I have always taken pride in is my hair and now I'm just fed up with it being in such a knotted frizzy mess :mad::cry:

Please help!

Hugs x x x

snap! my hair is very dry and dull looking atm. And im losing alot! everytime i brush my hair i lose alot =[

Its the time of year hunny with the central heating on it really dries hair out, I find the aussie 3 minute miracle conditioner very good or hot oil treatments.

Thanks KB - I have tried the aussie 3 minute miracle, it doesn't work for me. Maybe it is the weather, but I have been experiencing it for the past 6 months at least.

I guess I will have to grin and bear it, and hope it rectifies itself very soon.

I did think it just needed a damn good cut, and had 3 inches off 4 weeks ago, but it didn't help in the slightest :(

Getting quite cheesed off with it! :cry::cry::cry:I want my silky hair back :mad:

xxx

O/T but KerryBerry - Wow your photo's amazing weight loss hun ! How long have you maintained for ?

mine has gone very brittal at the ends. but could be my own fault for not having it cut often lol

Numnums - leave in conditioner is one thing I haven't tried actually. So I may give that a go before begging my hairdresser for an expensive resolution! Can you recommend a good one? :)

Hugs xxx

LOL welcome to my world everyday haha, even before i started the CD my hair was thin and dull and if i dont strighten it then i look like tina turner!! But...... now i am on CD i have started to notice the last few days my hair looking shiney and is looking nice hehe!! Sorry to rub it in but my hair is looking the BEST it ever has the last few days haha. :D I cant complain. Maybe putting on a treatment before you go to bed with a shower cap on will help, just once a week tho. Wash your hair really well the next morning tho or your hair will become greasy. I used to find this helped me loads :D good luck hun <3 xxxx

Maybe putting on a treatment before you go to bed with a shower cap on will help, just once a week tho. xxxx
Ooh good idea Tasha, I have a fab shower cap too from a soap and glory gift set! Bright pink, but desperate times cause for desperate measures! lol

Can you recommend an overnight treatment? :confused:

Hugs x x x

either bed head or s factor by tigi, it fixed my hair!! get it off ebay, may seem expensive but two big bottle last me months on end, half was through on atm and had it since sept. i would have went through a bootle of pantene a week, so this works out chearper for me

Hi

You may find this isn't CD related - I had this prob when I hit about 30 yrs of age though Doc said it could of age related or been stress/ anxiety I've found best thing is Treseme Salon SMOOTH shampoo and cond follwed by thier spray in conditioner that you leave in. Have to say since being on CD my hair has so improved :) x

I've got quite thick, very curly hair with a real mind of it's own that takes a lot of tlc to stop it looking like a lion's mane, specially in the mornings :D

The best product I've found to keep it looking shiny and knot free is henna wax. I get a big tub from my local Morrisons for about £2, slather it on my hair and scalp (great for soothing flaky scalps) and leave it in overnight if possible... my OH finds it hilarious when I climb into bed with my head wrapped in a freezer bag and towelling turban... who said romance is dead lol ;) It's worth it though because the next morning my hair is in lovely condition. I also use Aussie Miracle Hair Insurance leave-in conditioner on the ends every morning to keep the frizzies at bay.

Vicki x

PS The henna wax won't colour your hair, so it's safe for all hair colours

O/T but KerryBerry - Wow your photo's amazing weight loss hun ! How long have you maintained for ?

I am still plodding towards maintaining I will get there soon but thanks xx

could it possibly be anything else making your hair like this??
I had this problem too, as well as other syptoms and discovered I had an underractive thyroid...just a thought.x

I don't think it is anything else (I hope not anyway)

When I first started CD my hair was quite shiny, but as time has gone on I have been loosing chunks of hair mainly when I shower or bath (I'm talking huge hair balls/clumps coming out in my hands) and it is like straw, an absolute nightmare to brush. I have tried brushing through when the conditioner is in and this helps, but once dry it is a complete frizzy mess lol.

I have a hair appointment this week so I am going to mention it again and try to get some advice.

I'll definately be doing an overnight henna wax jobby too. ;)

Hugs x x x

I don't seem to be having any hair problems but my skin has been awful since about a month after I started CD. Nothing seems to be sorting it out.

I don't seem to be having any hair problems but my skin has been awful since about a month after I started CD. Nothing seems to be sorting it out.

Same here, I have very dry skin on my face. But this is easily rectified for me with a face scrub and moisturiser ;)

It's great to be loosing the weight, but so inconvenient when other issues crop up!

Try a face scrub in the bath or shower, then moisturise each morning and night, this may help hun :hug99:

Hugs x x x

Back